cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Sent to wrong address

Here’s a new one to me , first since eBay didn’t flag an oversize package I got hit with a $1300 additional shipping charge from UPS. Then UPS delivered to wrong address , somehow my buyer was able to find that out from UPS, then it showed up at my house yesterday in different UPS boxes. Waiting for a eBay shipping department person to contact me at the moment , but sounds like I have to fight for a refund from UPS directly ? I’ve had issues in past where ups wouldn’t help me because I purchased label through eBay .

Any suggestions ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay will flag oversize (won't give you the option to ship UPS if the dimensions you entered are too large.
That tells me you entered acceptable dimensions and UPS upgraded it during transit.
Either you entered the wrong dimensions or UPS made a mistake.
It's your word against theirs and impossible to prove even if you used your own UPS account.
Shipping through eBay?  I think that's even worse when it comes to reimbursement.

You can try. 
I used to try but finally figured out it was a waste of time for me.

I ship a quite a few 148 lb packages.   (Crankshafts that all weight exactly the same, and are all packaged exactly the same).   The total is always between 145 and 146 lbs.
I ship them as 148 lbs.
I have had one upgraded to 158 lbs.  I don't remember the amount, but like your amount, it was enough to give a person heartburn and almost make me stop shipping that item.  
UPS either messed up or the upgrade was intentional by somebody that dropped the package on their toe and figured they would teach me a lesson.  Either way, it was their word against mine and I lost.  
Not had another one upgraded since though.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yeah funny thing was when I talked to eBay rep they said “oh I see ups charged as oversize because it was size xyz, which was actually larger than what I had put in the label so who knows . Just frustrating. I like pirate ship but it’s just an extra step I tried to avoid. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply