cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Ebay: Please stop with the false advertising and changing ETA`s

I was doing a few edits this morning and noticed ebay is advertising my items as "4 day delivery" (screenshot below). I`ve always sold with the mindset of underselling to help keep customer expectation to the low side. I live in TN. We have one of the most problematic USPS sort facilities in the nation so I have bumped out my handling times to 3 days and ship within 1 in hopes to compensate a little for USPS` poor service.  Bumping handling times out and shipping faster isn`t working because ebay sets a new ETA when you print the label.

4 day delivery, IMO, is blatant false advertising. As a buyer, I`d rather see honesty and transparency so I can make an informed purchase.  As a seller, I think it`s wrong for ebay to change ETA dates after a purchase.....period!  Terms of a sale should never be changed post sale. As a buyer or seller I`m not allowed to change the terms post sale so why is ebay? I don`t want to make sales under false pretenses, it`s wrong to do.

de.JPG

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

When you look at your own listings, you see the estimated delivery for a buyer in your own ZIP Code.  When I look at your listings, I don't see 4-day delivery.

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 8.32.41 AM.png

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, I know that but that is what potential buyers in TN see correct? And with 3 day handling (or even 1 day handling) it more than likely is not going to arrive to anyone in 4 days. Ebay knows it, the USPS knows it and sellers/buyers that are experiencing delays know it so why not be a little more honest and conservative when dishing out ETA`s? I just think Ebay and the USPS are doing their customers a big disservice. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@ineedahero99 wrote:

Yes, I know that but that is what potential buyers in TN see correct? And with 3 day handling (or even 1 day handling) it more than likely is not going to arrive to anyone in 4 days. Ebay knows it, the USPS knows it and sellers/buyers that are experiencing delays know it so why not be a little more honest and conservative when dishing out ETA`s? I just think Ebay and the USPS are doing their customers a big disservice. 

You’d have to test with other TN zip codes to find out what they see.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply