cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeframe for INAD Closing?

So on March 1st I got a email from ebay letting me know a buyer wanted to return an item and he marked it as "Doesn't match description or photos" even though he didn't read the listing. I messaged the buyer and explained to him the we were just selling the accessories for this item as it clearly stated that in the listing, but I offered a partial refund for the inconvenience. Since the return request was started the buyer has not made any replies back to me nor accepted the partial refund. I contacted ebay last week and they said it would close today the 15th but its still open. How long do these take to close?  Thank you 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The question is: Has the buyer used your return shipping label yet? Maybe they've decided to keep it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@3d-expressions wrote:

How long do these take to close? 

Whenever Ebay decides to close the case.

Buyers have almost a month to get the item shipped back.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You want to get this resolved and NOT have eBay close the case!

If the buyer filed a NAD case, then you need to issue a return label or issue a full refund if you do not want the item back.  Read about seller's obligations when return is requested here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115&st=1...

The point is that if the buyer filed the NAD case, you have several days to issue a label, even IF you offered a partial refund.  Buyer is under no obligation to accept the seller's partial refund offer.  So maybe the buyer is stringing yo along and will ask eBay to "step in?" 

Of course we know what happens when eBay steps in, they issue a refund to the buyer with the seller's funds and do not require return shipping.

Anyway, hope you find a way through this!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

ise710
Thrill-Seeker

@3d-expressions wrote:

So on March 1st I got a email from ebay letting me know a buyer wanted to return an item and he marked it as "Doesn't match description or photos" even though he didn't read the listing.

Since the return request was started the buyer has not made any replies back to me nor accepted the partial refund.

I contacted ebay last week and they said it would close today the 15th but its still open. How long do these take to close?  Thank you 

By cleverly ignoring your partial refund offer, which you @3d-expressions cannot rescind, your buyer is keeping the return request open.

If the buyer accepts the partial refund, it is issued and the case closes.

Or if it's declined, you can offer another option on the list, or buyer/seller can escalate.

Otherwise, the return request will stall until it automatically closes 21 business days after its grand opening.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Nope no label was generated yet as I was waiting to hear back from the buyer after I made the partial refund offer. I have sent 4 other messages since then trying to follow up with the buyer and have heard nothing back since. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Since you have not provided a Return Shipping Label, the buyer will ask eBay to Step In. EBay will and you will be refunding the buyer and they will get to keep your item.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

you need to say yes to the return and get them a label

this is a clever trick to stall  for 3 days and they can get a refund because you did nothing

offering a partial refund is doing nothing....your buyer has not responded

your buyer can have this case closed if you do not get going........action was needed yesterday on this

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 8 of 8
latest reply