cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So much for returns timing out & closing.

Have any of you had any returns automatically close because the buyer didn’t send it back during the return window? One of the later Seller Updates mentioned that they won’t be taking any calls from sellers for this, that returns will close themselves out automatically.

Well anyway, I have two returns that both buyers haven’t shipped back. They didn’t even create the return postage. After the return window passed, 30 days, I emailed ebay to close them out (took a chance). The agent replied that they don’t take calls for this anymore and because of the pandemic and other reasons, the returns will time out and close themselves out once 35 business days pass. Both returns were filed and accepted on 3/28. So that means today is about the 40th business day. Why haven’t these returns automatically timed out and close?

@Anonymous , tyler@ebay , brian@ebay 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

PS: I also don't appreciate how the Manage Returns page still has that misleading info under "Status" (see below).

RETURNS.jpg

The returns HAVE NOT been delivered, heck they haven't even been shipped yet. Here is the actual info when I click into the return details (see below).

returns 2.jpg
Stop trying to scare and mislead sellers to issue the refund within the main Returns Page. I've complained about this many times to ebay. Apparently they don't care as I'm sure it's still misleading sellers to issue refunds when they don't have to. I've heard of sellers who were confused and ended up refunding because they were scared.

@Anonymous, brian@ebay , tyler@ebay 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Correct, there exists no need to issue a refund until after the return item's tracking shows online viewable proof of "Delivery."  Once that happens the refund must be issued within the deadline's specifications or the MBG will force it.

As for ebay's backhanded methods...

It's the same when ordering something, the BLUE button coaxes me to purchase 1-year extended warranty while the greyed out button is for me to pay now...

Tricky tricky

Not sure how such devious practices have become accepted, if this were my business I can't see having many customers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

PS: I also don't appreciate how the Manage Returns page still has that misleading info under "Status" (see below).

RETURNS.jpg

The returns HAVE NOT been delivered, heck they haven't even been shipped yet. Here is the actual info when I click into the return details (see below).

returns 2.jpg
Stop trying to scare and mislead sellers to issue the refund within the main Returns Page. I've complained about this many times to ebay. Apparently they don't care as I'm sure it's still misleading sellers to issue refunds when they don't have to. I've heard of sellers who were confused and ended up refunding because they were scared.

@Anonymous, brian@ebay , tyler@ebay 

Hi @bigdeals.etc, this kind of account specific support is best handled by Customer Service. It looks like you already contacted them and had this addressed. A seller is clearly informed to refund the buyer when they receive the item back, and if they need clarification on what they should do they can always review the communication sent from eBay, the seller center, our help pages, or contact Customer Service as all of these resources would clear up any misunderstanding they are experiencing. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply