cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Open a Case?

So I ordered an item last Tuesday, January 18th. Estimated Delivery Date said it should have arrived by yesterday, Wednesday the 26th. The seller hasn't even shipped the item yet. I messaged him on Sunday, and he hasn't even said a word. Messaged him again today, and haven't gotten a response yet. How soon is too soon to open a case? I spent a fair amount on this item, and don't want to get screwed over. Should I open a case today, tomorrow, when?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Should I Open a Case?

@bro-144516   If you are one day past the original estimated delivery date you can open an Item not received claim.  Use the pull down menu on the item in your Purchase History.

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Should I Open a Case?

@bro-144516   If you are one day past the original estimated delivery date you can open an Item not received claim.  Use the pull down menu on the item in your Purchase History.

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Should I Open a Case?

@bro-144516 

Not having heard from the seller doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't shipped. Some sellers don't post tracking for items and sometimes, even if items have tracking, it doesn't update on the postal website. 

Since the estimated delivery date has passed, you can open INR and the seller needs to respond with tracking. If there's no response within the required timeframe ebay gives the seller to respond, you will get a refund.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Should I Open a Case?

I think I'll give him to the end of the day to respond to my message, then. If he hasn't shipped it or responded by tomorrow, I'll open a case.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Should I Open a Case?

Something has happened. You can file for 'item not received ' now. But I give Seller another couple of days

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Should I Open a Case?

So, got it in the mail today. Turns out he messaged me about a shipping delay, and EBay just didn't show me the message. Glad I decides to wait. Thanks for the advice.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply