cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping lables

Why after a sold item I go to print shipping label and 85% of the time it has listed as flat rate envelope as my shipping choice when I didn't choose this packaging. I wouldn't chose this to send glass in. Then I get screwed because buyer pays for that shipping cost but I have to change it and pay the difference. This happens when using my mobile phone.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping lables

@layzl10 

If the buyer chooses Parcel Select Ground, that option isn't available to buy on Ebay, so it defaults to another service.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@layzl10 

If the buyer chooses Parcel Select Ground, that option isn't available to buy on Ebay, so it defaults to another service.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The buyer paid for Parcel Select Ground, not for the flat rate envelope.

As noted in the other post, eBay has decided to phase out access to Parcel Select Ground labels, even though USPS has made no changes in their services or policies, and it's offered by all other online postage sellers including PayPal, endicia, stamps.com, etc. When it's not offered, the shipping label page usually defaults to the first option on the list, which is the Priority Mail flat rate envelope. You can purchase Parcel Select Ground postage through PayPal at

www.PayPal.com/shipnow

But do compare prices before you do that. For Zones 1 - 4, the USPS online price for Priority Mail is  less than a dollar more than Parcel Select Ground.  The shipping section of the listing shows the retail price for Priority Mail, so the price difference is exaggerated. If you're a TRS you get a 3% discount when purchasing Priority labels through eBay, which often makes it cheaper than Parcel Select. And of course ground shipping is slow and is much more likely to result in damage to fragile items.

IMHO Parcel Select ground should only be offered when necessary such as for hazmat or Oversize packages (i.e., length-plus-girth above the Priority limit of 108 inches).

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Priority Flat Rate Envelope is the default shipping for any item that was offered with a service that eBay no longer sells. Such as Parcel Select, as mentioned above.

It's important to remember that just because you can offer a shipping service, it doesn't mean that eBay has to sell you the label for that service... nobody*s_perfect has probably the best copy/pasta on this subject and you should take his advice to heart.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply