cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping label voided.... help

Hello everyone,

A little history...

Panic set in this morning as I printed out a shipping label only to realize that it was Saturday and NOT Friday. PO was closed so I came to the boards to see what I should do. Got mixed answers. I would have probably kept the label had I been able to mail it out on Monday. That ended up being a holiday so mail would not actually go out until Tues.  Anyways, I ended up voiding the label, then I went to sold items and unchecked "item has shipped". All looks as if nothing had happened.

When I voided / cancelled the label I did get the eBay notification that said the request was sent to the carrier.....etc, etc, etc,

HOWEVER ...when I go to "track and manage your shipments", I do not see any reference to where I had voided that particular label. The ACTIONS drop down menu for this item still gives me the option to void label.  Am I missing something here or did I do something by removing unchecking "item has shipped"??

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@wastingtime101 wrote:

"Hi @penee4urthoughts . As mentioned above, you could have still used the label on Tuesday. I would not advise the same next weekend as a price change is going into effect on the 21st, but most days of the year it's fine to use the label days later."

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I realize this NOW,  but the answers were as varied as the people making them.  I just felt better  canceling the label.  

"That said, you should be able to see void requested status on the page linked below, but since you said you received email confirmation it sounds like you have nothing to worry about".

I did not receive an email.  That message just came up after I chose the reason for the void. I did take a screen shot, just in case I would need some proof .  I clicked on the link you provided and I  am now able to see that it is in fact  in the waiting phase for refund.

"It takes between 2-4 weeks to receive a refund on an unused, voided label. You'll see the refund on your original source of payment (bank, credit card, etc) and the funds will appear in your account without an email notification."

I usually just take it from the payment received from buyer. Not sure if that would matter or not.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You could’ve still used the shipping label. I’ve printed stuff on a Saturday night with Saturdays date and shipped next business day, no issues. 
If you received notification that you voided a label, then it’s a done deal.  It will take approximately 2-3 weeks to see the refund. You may or may not get a notification on that. 
ETA why was your post office closed today? Mine was open until 10:30am . 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It's a few weeks before they actually void the label, they want to make sure it's not voided, then try to use it.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi @penee4urthoughts . As mentioned above, you could have still used the label on Tuesday. I would not advise the same next weekend as a price change is going into effect on the 21st, but most days of the year it's fine to use the label days later.

That said, you should be able to see void requested status on the page linked below, but since you said you received email confirmation it sounds like you have nothing to worry about.

-----

To void a shipping label purchased through eBay, go to this page, find the order and select Void from the Actions drop-down. The void option is available for 5 days.

It takes between 2-4 weeks to receive a refund on an unused, voided label. You'll see the refund on your original source of payment (bank, credit card, etc) and the funds will appear in your account without an email notification.

Printed eBay Standard Envelope labels are non-refundable and cannot be voided.

eBay International Standard Delivery labels are not charged to your account until they are used, so there is no void option.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

"You could’ve still used the shipping label. I’ve printed stuff on a Saturday night with Saturdays date and shipped next business day, no issues. "    

Thank you for your reply.  As stated, I was getting conflicting answers to my query.  I did not want to take a chance on my PO not accepting it because the label was 3 days old.

"If you received notification that you voided a label, then it’s a done deal."  It will take approximately 2-3 weeks to see the refund. You may or may not get a notification on that. "

I should have been more specific. It wasn't really a "notification". Once I clicked on the reason for the void, that image left and it then just showed that it had been sent to carrier.

"ETA why was your post office closed today? Mine was open until 10:30am" . 

PO is open until noon on Saturdays.  Again, even though it was after that time, I commenced in printing label thinking it was Friday.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

"Hi @penee4urthoughts . As mentioned above, you could have still used the label on Tuesday. I would not advise the same next weekend as a price change is going into effect on the 21st, but most days of the year it's fine to use the label days later."

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I realize this NOW,  but the answers were as varied as the people making them.  I just felt better  canceling the label.  

"That said, you should be able to see void requested status on the page linked below, but since you said you received email confirmation it sounds like you have nothing to worry about".

I did not receive an email.  That message just came up after I chose the reason for the void. I did take a screen shot, just in case I would need some proof .  I clicked on the link you provided and I  am now able to see that it is in fact  in the waiting phase for refund.

"It takes between 2-4 weeks to receive a refund on an unused, voided label. You'll see the refund on your original source of payment (bank, credit card, etc) and the funds will appear in your account without an email notification."

I usually just take it from the payment received from buyer. Not sure if that would matter or not.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your reply. I think I'm good to go.  🙂

Message 7 of 7
latest reply