cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Rate Tables: Can you COPY? Can you DELETE?

I set up rate tables for USPS Regional Rate A boxes, Regional Rate B boxes, and each of the five levels of Cubic pricing. Wow, what a learning curve!  I'll just say that the whole set-up process was far from intuitive or user-friendly.  Once I understood how the interface worked, it was relatively easy but time-consuming.  There were some frustrations that cannot be overcome in the present system:  for example, USPS gives you zone information using zip codes whereas eBay forces you to set up rate tables using states and parts of states.   Anyway, there are lots of things I would change about the shipping-rate-table set-up process if I could, but on to my questions.

Two questions for those with shipping rate table experience:

1 - Is it possible to copy a shipping rate table?  This post by eBay's  @greg_shipping  (who may no longer be active in the eBay Community) indicates twice that it is possible ("will be possible", at the time) to copy a shipping table:

"You would simply COPY this table and adjust the costs.."

"Doing this (copying and adjusting charges would take another few minutes.. You would keep repeating this process if you had more weight classes of product.."

I have been unable to find any method to copy a table in order to save the time of tediously and laboriously re-selecting all of the states and zones, over and over again, for each table.  Opening an existing table and entering a new "Table Name" results in renaming the existing table, not in creating a new table, as desired.  Is there a way to copy a shipping rate table?

2 - Is it possible to delete a shipping rate table?  Once a table is created, it appears impossible to delete.  It can be modified or renamed, but I cannot find a way to delete.  I also cannot find a way to edit/change the "Set shipping rates by" field/method (thereby rendering an unneeded/unuseful table into a useful one).  Is there a way to delete a shipping rate table?

Here's a peek at the Regional Rate A table, for anyone that is interested.  Amounts come from my break-even table, posted here.

2019_0720 11.13.27 Greenshot 004865 edited.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping Rate Tables: Can you COPY? Can you DELETE?

1.  Is there a way to copy a shipping rate table?

No ... oh how I wish they had this feature ... but no.

2. Is it possible to delete a shipping rate table?

No.  At least not directly.  Although, it might happen if you delete all the entries ... I've never tried it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

1.  Is there a way to copy a shipping rate table?

No ... oh how I wish they had this feature ... but no.

No.  At least not directly.  Although, it might happen if you delete all the entries ... I've never tried it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

I tried deleting everything in the table but it doesn't remove the table itself.   In fact, it invokes an error message: "Empty region shipping specifications". 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It is really hard to find good info on shipping rate tables.  There were some good hints and tips posted here and here.

eBay information posted here and here.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Just want to report that today I had my first sale of an item listed with the shipping rate calculated by one of my new Shipping Rate Tables.  It was my first opportunity for it to be real-life tested.  The Buyer's shipping address was in Zone 7.   My Shipping Rate Table worked perfectly.   Yay!  

Shipping Rate Tables are not easy to figure out or set up due to the interface - but once you have muscled and struggled through that process, they are a piece of cake.  So this post is just for anyone following along.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply