cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Payment

I checked the box to take my shipping costs out of the pending payments, but occasionally eBay will switch it back to paypal although I have zero in my paypal account. If I close my paypal account will this remove the option to pay shipping with paypal? Is there somewhere on the site that allows me to mark that always take the shipping costs out of pending payments instead of having to check that box each shipment? Thanks in advance for the help.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Shipping Payment

If I close my paypal account will this remove the option to pay shipping with paypal?

@jimnkims.varietyshoppe 

^^^ This is an interesting question, and one that I've never seen. I'm curious to see the answers...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

No, just change the payment option to your Payouts. That'll solve the problem. You don't need to close your PayPal account 

It seems whenever you make changes on your payment option, it's not being saved. That's why option goes back to PayPal. See if there is a 'Save' click

Or next time, you're ready to purchase shipping, pay attention to payment options on last step. Once you change to Payouts, there and then, it will always stay with that option 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

If I close my paypal account will this remove the option to pay shipping with paypal?

@jimnkims.varietyshoppe 

^^^ This is an interesting question, and one that I've never seen. I'm curious to see the answers...

@jimnkims.varietyshoppe 

Well, it's been hours... and I think you may have stumped the panel. I'm still curious... 🤔

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

It doesn't always stay with that option. Sometimes my shipping site will divert back to the checkbox for paypal and if I don't notice, then it won't come out of pending payment.  Thanks for your response however. I appreciate the input.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I also posted this question in "Ask a mentor" and have received no responses. I thought it would be a simple solution I have not discovered, but apparently not.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Well, I happen to be one of those sellers who does  choose PayPal to debit my bank account for shipping costs. (I know that I can use Pending... I just don't.) And I actually thought that whatever you selected would become your new default, so I can't even address how eBay will "switch it back", as you mentioned.

But the bigger question... does a seller have to have a PayPal account? I just don't know...

It's a darn good question!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

i marked mine to pending ... double-checked before i hit purchase .... still came out of paypal 😞

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@whimsyonthewinetrail wrote:

i marked mine to pending ... double-checked before i hit purchase .... still came out of paypal 😞

@whimsyonthewinetrail 

Well, that's just crackers! What is really up??

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

That just isn't accurate.  I have been dealing with this issues for several weeks.  Thought they finally fixed it when I went to try to print out some shipping labels and I was FINALLY able to click on the option to have the shipping label costs take our of my pending payments, AGAIN.  The system has gone back and forth from only showing  PP as the option for paying for shipping labels, to showing both PP and Pending Payments as options, but only actually allowing me to click on the PP option, and now back to only given me the option to pay for shipping labels with PP.....FIX THE SHIPPING PROBLEM EBAY.....

I think I may also be experiencing a few labels where they have charged my PP account, even when i had clicked on the link to have the label charges taken out of pending payments, and then, because I don't have the funds in my PP account to cover the shipping, they show my available balance in Managed Payments in the negative.....yet I still have hundreds of dollars sitting in processing payments.....

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

What's not accurate? 

You tried to do something wrong and can't divert the funds being deducted from your payouts because everytime you purchase a shipping label, you skip the last step. Last step is when the software asks which account you want to pay with

System is a software, it has only one way to go and certainly doesn't go 'back and forth'. Once you have the Payout as an option there, you need to choose it at least once for the software to recognize your intentions 

You chose PayPal and never asked software to use your Payouts, very simple!  Paypal and eBay are two separate entities now. The only time your  Payouts being dedicated is when you choose to pay by your Payouts. In event, you choose to use your PayPal account and your account was short in funds, your PayPal account has no access to  your eBay account to deduct any money. That's against the law for PayPal to do. Your Payouts are not backup for your PayPal, unless Payouts are diverted to your PayPal account and not to your bank account. That's done by you and only you  

I think; you were deducting your shipping from your Payouts at one point, you changed it to PayPal and opt out yourself by changing those options many times 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@frock_my_world wrote:

have the label charges taken out of pending payments, and then, because I don't have the funds in my PP account to cover the shipping, they show my available balance in Managed Payments in the negative.....yet I still have hundreds of dollars sitting in processing payments.....

It has been my experience that payments for labels does not come out of "processing payments". It can not. They can not deduct a "label payment" from money that is not yet available, so the "available" goes neg.  When some funds process the available negative gets reduced.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply