cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping International

Ebay Increased the new International Delivery shipping rates effective today. I have a package that weighs 3 OZ going to UK and rate chart says $14.00 but go to print label they want $22.00 

Also have one to Canada 3 oz that chart says $12.00 they want $18.00.

It appears they are using billable weight now instead of actual weight  

Billable weight is calculated as the greater of actual weight and dimensional weight. Actual weight is the weight of the fully packaged shipment in pounds (scale weight). Dimensional weight is calculated by multiplying the length by width by height of each package in inches and dividing the total by 166; ((L*W*H/166)). When the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight; charges may be assessed based on the dimensional weight. Shipments whose billable weight exceeds the max allowable weight or dimensions rating limit will be returned to sender at sender’s expense

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Shipping International

These fees are a lot higher than USPS

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

What are the dimensions of these 3 oz packages you're shipping?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

Never mind. I realized your dimensional rate comment was not related to your 3 oz packages.

Just to confirm: you did have the correct package weight entered when the label purchase page showed you the higher rates? You didn't accidentally have them listed as 1 lb 3 oz and they weren't multi-quantity sales where the weights of a few items were automatically added together?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

I am having the same issue. I have a 6oz package (11" x 8" x 2") and it is also coming up as $18.00 going to Canada. However, the system only charged the buyer $11.00. I am thinking it is a glitch in the system. I am going to call them tomorrow.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

@jltrainman 

@maxvr6 

PIrateship will send a package up to 8 ounces to the UK for $10.49 with tracking.

To Canada that same package is $8.49 also with tracking

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

I spent over 2 hours with 3 people on this on the phone got hung up on one no help and another one on line chat and they ended it before I was done

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

They are 7 x 5 x 3 which I have used for years no problem but according to their billable weight I have to Pay a 1-pound weight which has never been a problem before

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

Yes, had correct weight and before you enter Dimensions the shipping was correct but when you enter the size it increases to next level.

The link for their new rates that went into effect is

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-international-standard.html

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

Shipping International

up to 4 lbs nobody can beat pirate. the dimensions don't matter. Their rates are going up slightly up Feb 1. The attached table shows how much more you pay using ebay (after Feb 1). Also, pirate has no dimensional weights, only actual weight. SO if what you say is true, the savings with pirate would be substantiallyrates.JPG bigger. The shaded boxes show their actual rates after Feb 1. The numbers are rounded up, the rates are $10.99, $14.99 etc. lb should be oz.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

Now that it's a new day and I've had some sleep, I've been messing around with this @jltrainman. I sold something to Canada yesterday so I pulled that order into the label purchase page, entered a 4 oz weight and an assortment of dimensions. I can verify that dimensional weight is being factored in on all package sizes which is exactly what the new rate page says should be happening.

In figuring out whether this is actually a problem, we would need to know what eBay's calculator charged your buyers. Are buyers being charged based on dimensional rates?

We need info for sales made Jan 9 or later. Anything sold on Fri/Sat (as was the case for @maxvr6 based on the $11 old rate they noted) would not matter since that's before the rate change.

As others said: pirateship offers better international rates. They are uninsured, however even when you purchase additional insurance on their site the rates are still lower than eBay's ISD rates. I believe that will still be true when the pirateship rates go up next month, but I haven't combed through them yet to say definitively.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

@jltrainman wrote:

Ebay Increased the new International Delivery shipping rates effective today. I have a package that weighs 3 OZ going to UK and rate chart says $14.00 but go to print label they want $22.00 

Also have one to Canada 3 oz that chart says $12.00 they want $18.00.

It appears they are using billable weight now instead of actual weight  

Billable weight is calculated as the greater of actual weight and dimensional weight. Actual weight is the weight of the fully packaged shipment in pounds (scale weight). Dimensional weight is calculated by multiplying the length by width by height of each package in inches and dividing the total by 166; ((L*W*H/166)). When the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight; charges may be assessed based on the dimensional weight. Shipments whose billable weight exceeds the max allowable weight or dimensions rating limit will be returned to sender at sender’s expense

I noticed this yesterday with an ebay standard int'l package to Canada, was waaaay more than USPS 1st cl int'l, so I ended up using USPS instead

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

Dont Pirateship use USPS. The reason I went to Ebay International Shipping was back in late Apr & May USPS lost a bunch international packages returned some no reason and have 5 I filed missing claims on they never could find and cost me hundreds of dollars out pocket as they never found them and were not insured as First Class uninsurable.

On the new rates my shipment to UK was made on the new rate and they charged the Customer $22.00 shipping as listing had no size listed. On multiple purchase's the size would very when weight combined.

I played with it this morning rate chart says up to .5 lb $14.00

When I pull the shipping label up to print it says 3 0z 0 x 0 x 0 $14.00

I enter 3 Oz 0 x 7 x 5 x 3 it changes to $22.00   but if I enter 3 Oz 8 x 5 x 1 It stays at $14.00 Dont make sense

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Shipping International

I agree it appears they are charging on billable weight which dont Make sense as rates Ebay International rates not cheaper any longer

USPS Rate $17.85

USPS Rate Ebay $16.96

Message 15 of 22
latest reply