cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping 1 baseball card in a solid top loader

Good afternoon. Can I use the .60 shipping for  1 baseball card in a solid top loader. It is 1 ounce. Thank you

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Shipping 1 baseball card in a solid top loader

I don't think so...it needs to be "machineable" to qualify (bendable)

There are certain specifications for using "less than" parcel rates....someone with more knowledge regarding cards/stiffness/thickness will probably drop in to help you out...

I will leave you with this:

!ebay-usps-flex.jpg

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

A top loader is fine, just not any type of slab including screw downs and such. 

Screenshot (543).png

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for your response. It is a solid top loader so it will not bend. Is it ok to send?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yes with penny sleeve and painter's tape to keep from sliding out. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@chucklegirl wrote:

Thank you for your response. It is a solid top loader so it will not bend. Is it ok to send?

No. If the top loader does not bend, then it doesn't qualify for eBay Standard Envelope. If you're going to use a sleeve or a top loader, it has to be flexible enough to pass the USPS flexibility test.

eBay doesn't make it very clear, but they do mention that if you use a "more rigid envelope", then you have to check with the USPS to make sure it meets their requirements.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-labels-services/ebay-domestic-shipping-services/ebay...

image.png

Here's the information again from @monica-sells about the USPS flex test.

https://pe.usps.com/archive/pdf/dmmarchive20080512/301.pdf

@monica-sells wrote:

I don't think so...it needs to be "machineable" to qualify (bendable)

There are certain specifications for using "less than" parcel rates....someone with more knowledge regarding cards/stiffness/thickness will probably drop in to help you out...

I will leave you with this:

!ebay-usps-flex.jpg

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

It sounds to me like you might be mistaking what a toploader is. I have sent many toploaders with this service with no problems. A regular toploader has enough flex to get through the system without issue as long as you don't use extra thick or cardboard backing. I use a standard size card in a 35 pt. toploader and those work for ebay standard envelope. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thin cardboard is better...Have any cardboard you can reuse? Check neighbors who thrown cardboard stuff away. We should recycle cardboard. I was able to put 4 trading cards in a small standard envelope and they all arrived for .63.

I buy #4 glassine envelopes and put one in them as well.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

The way I see it, sending a baseball card in a top loader is no different than a credit card company sending a credit card through the mail.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

You can, but, the vast majotity are going to get kicked off the automation, receive a non-machinable upcharge, and maybe 1st class uprate...the end result will be postage due for your buyer and most likely no scans.  

I speak from experience, no bend, no scan.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

When it comes to EsE: top loader bad, penny sleeve good.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have received many Pokemon in top loaders that were just sent in a letter envelope with a stamp.  Not saying it's supposed to be done but never had one not arrive or be damaged.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Please define what YOU are describing as a "SOLID top loader," as it sounds as if several of us are understanding you to mean a much thicker top loader than normal.

Also, keep in mind that the card being sent via ESE can not exceed $20.00 in value -- so if it can actually be mailed in a penny sleeve, you may be saving you (as well as your buyer) some future aggravation (and $$$!) from USPS.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply