cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShipCover ... Good Grief

Hi - I sent out a set of 2 collectible vintage books on Nov. 24th via USPS Media Mail, value of $59.95, so I insured the parcel thru ShipCover when I printed the ship label. Well they haven't scanned anywhere since the day after I shipped them. So I went to "create claim", it said I had to wait 30 days so I was able to file on Dec. 23rd (yesterday). I get a response back overnight saying "denied" & it stated for more information to "view my claim". I viewed the claim & it gives absolutely NO INFORMATION about it, except the word "DENIED". There is no explanation whatsoever. So I call the ShipCover phone number (tried multiple times), to which you get no human being, just a desk of someone who says to leave your information & they will call you back. Ha ha. I can imagine how inundated they are with all the USPS problems right now. Does anyone know anyone I can call or talk to in any capacity about this??? There is absolutely NO REASON this claim should be denied. If anyone knows something I don't, please share here. I am at a loss here & the buyer has been kind awaiting arrival, but it appears that is not going to happen. I know I am responsible, but I DID purchase the insurance but now feel shafted (that's an understatement). Please help or share any information about contacting this place. Or am I just sc**wed??? Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: ShipCover ... Good Grief

@grannyfrannys wrote:

I get a response back overnight saying "denied" & it stated for more information to "view my claim". I viewed the claim & it gives absolutely NO INFORMATION about it, except the word "DENIED". There is no explanation whatsoever.

So I call the ShipCover phone number (tried multiple times), to which you get no human being, just a desk of someone who says to leave your information & they will call you back.

Please provide customer support @shipcover_insurance for the premiums you were paid.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I don't understand what you are saying? I paid the premium for ShipCover insurance for the parcel when I purchased the shipping label for the package ($1.70). The item value was $59.95 & I filed the claim exactly 30 days after I shipped the item, the USPS tracking shows no scans since the day after I shipped the parcel. Now claim denied & I have no reason why.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Provide all the information you have provided here and anything else you have. You will generally get a pretty quick response from both BBB as well as the company after BBB has contacted them. 

https://www.bbb.org 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Never ship anything of value media mail.  If fact, media mail should only be used when it does not matter wen or if it ever arrives.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

My guess is that Ship Cover is denying every lost package claim at this point.  Probably hoping to stall for a week or so to see if USPS gets unsuck. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for reaching out to us in the eBay community forum.  ShipCover phone and email support is available during normal office hours Monday-Friday, but unfortunately we are closed for major holidays.  Voicemails and emails are returned in the order received, normally within 24 hours.  Our records show your item actually shipped on 11/24 so your claim on 12/23 was filed too early prior to the 30-day waiting period.  Once your buyer verifies non-receipt, the claim can reopen and finish processing.  Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply