cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

The question of who pays for a return should be not automatic, especially if in your listing you state that you do not take returs. Thus, the eBay buyer should b under the warning of "buyer be ware." Now, I take a hit on my selling status by not auomatically excepting returns, then I take another hit, buy eBay automatically siding for the buyer and making me pay for the return, oh and then the third hit, now i am loosing money as I paid for the shipping in the front end by offering free shipping. This needs to change. 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Returns

I absolutely Agree.   Buyer think FREE SHIPPING means no one is paying. So they need to be reminded that the shipping IS in fact coming out of the price they are paying. So paying $15 shipping on a $65 item - means they paid $50 for product. Then refund you have to pay another $15 for return, $15 up front shipping and $65 refund. So we are out $30 and then loose because now we have a USED item instead of a new item. 

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Returns

@missjen831 wrote:

Hmmm...are you unaware of the money back guarantee posted on your listings, right below your "no returns" policy? It trumps your return policy when the buyer says the item is not as described. If you sell on ebay, you take returns period. If you accept paypal, you issue refunds. Period.

ummmm.... yeah. we all love ebays well thought out (make money for ebay but don't take care of the sellers who make them their money) policies, projects, monkey-tests .... whatever you want to call them .... don't we?

seems i had about 40 listings for parts only ... aka no returns.  ebay changes condition definitions.  now i am having a hard time finding those 40 listings.  

point is EBAY WANTS RETURNS(period).  that way with the new ummm Managed Payments iniatives, they get paid fees for the purchase, and charge fees again for the returns.  hey, it's a big $$$$maker for them.  ebay doesn't do anything that doesn't make them money.  am guessing maybe they have a bunch of high-up thinktanks sitting around devising more ways and schemes to make ebay even more money?

Message 32 of 32
latest reply