cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ebay international shipping program

I just sold a coffee mug to Germany.  The box was checked to use ebay's overseas shipping program, but it did not work again.  This is the second item that did not ship through this program, even though it was checked on the form.

I recently sent an item to Japan using the same template I used for the coffee mug and it went through ebay's overseas shipment program.

What is the problem here?  This program seems to work intermittently.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problems with ebay international shipping program

There is also a second box for international shipping just under the box for Global Shipping under "Other Shipping Options". Unless you check that box as "None", the Buyer can choose whatever shipping you have specified instead of Global Shipping.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There is also a second box for international shipping just under the box for Global Shipping under "Other Shipping Options". Unless you check that box as "None", the Buyer can choose whatever shipping you have specified instead of Global Shipping.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It’s odd....the mug that you sold today shows shiping to Canada through the GSP but any other country that I checked specifies usps first class international. Somehow that listing or business policy has been set up with a price and specific service for some countries.  I don’t use the gsp so I’m not sure how to specify that it be used in all of your listings but you may be able to specify that in site preferences/shipping preferences.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@mopata 

A seller can choose to ship direct to some countries and use the gsp to other countries but if seller specifies the gsp for a buyers country, that is the only option that the buyer will be able to choose. On your selling form it may look like you are specifying both but it’s misleading.

To check, go into one of your listings, click on the shipping tab and change your location to any other country.  If it’s a gsp listing that’s the only option that you will see.  The majority of your listings do show the gsp but some of them are showing just first class international so buyers looking at the first class  listings won’t see a gsp option.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks. I changed the shipping to GSP for all the breakable items on my current listing. I will change the template to avoid this issue in the future.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply