cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Mail Intl - Tracking / Delivery Confirmation to Australia?

Hi everyone, I sold a $300 item to a buyer in Australia. They paid $78.50 for a priority mail flate rate box, my question is does Priority mail international come with tracking / delivery confirmation to Australia? I've searched everywhere online but I can't find anything concrete and the USPS website isn't specific either. The only thing I know for sure is Priority mail express does include delivery confirmation but it's around $100+... I'm not sure if I should cancel the transaction altogether, ship out in a medium flate rate and hope for the best or eat the $25+ loss and ship Priority express?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts - Bertrand Russel
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Priority Mail Intl - Tracking / Delivery Confirmation to Australia?

"does Priority mail international come with tracking / delivery confirmation to Australia? "

Yes.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I have shipped to Australia and I can confirm, yes it shows.

You can also follow it on the Australian web site

http://ice.auspost.com.au/

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Awesome, thanks guys.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts - Bertrand Russel
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

yours sound like the medium or large box which tracks,the smaller one and the envelope do not.

you can go to USPS to confirm.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

To make you feel better.  I have sold to Australia for several decades.  I have probably sent a couple of hundred packages there and I have had 0 get lost.  They have an amazing postal system.  Must be having to locate the people between the kangaroos or something.  I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I ship to Australia all the time.  I am able to get a tracking number for both first class and priority shipping.  I also get insurance on the item(s) if over $50.  So far I have not had to an insurance claim but with so much scamming happening around the world, it is best to be safe then sorry.  

For a Padded Flat Rate envelope it is ususally around $65.  The rate you paid is kind of low for a flat rate box.  I once sent an item priority to Thailand but the shipping tables in ebay had not not been updated so even though I thought I was buying a priority label and it even read priority I actually purchased a first class label and it took forever to reach the distantation.  It took awhile for the 1-800 USPS to figure out the issue, and then we had a third party call with ebay to discuss it and ebay was very helpful in resolving this issue and assisted the buyer as well.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@shoppingvictoriascloset wrote:

I ship to Australia all the time.  I am able to get a tracking number for both first class and priority shipping.  I also get insurance on the item(s) if over $50.  So far I have not had to an insurance claim but with so much scamming happening around the world, it is best to be safe then sorry. 

Yep, I have shipped First Class to Australia and in every case, even that had tracking all the way to delivery.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@shoppingvictoriascloset wrote:

Yep, I have shipped First Class to Australia and in every case, even that had tracking all the way to delivery.

Same here, both FCMI and PMI have tracked to delivery to AU.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I'm in Oz and I think USPS 1st Class International (with eDELCON) for small parcels can't be bettered.  I'm following the progress of a purchase right now.  It has just left the US (according to eBay, USPS and Aust Post) and the next info I expect to get will be when it arrives in Oz.  Postage (AKA shipping) is reasonable and the service is efficient.

Re Priority Mail International (not the GSP version which is a whole other can of worms).  My experience with it is it is definitely slower and not necessarily worth the expense, especially when the item is not large or heavy.  For some reason, registered post/signature required on delivery mail from overseas may not always be trackable by the buyer.  I've found this to be the case with US, UK and other places like Germany and France.  Aust Post may be able to track the item but the public may not.  (This is certainly still the case with recent UK purchases).  Priority mail is sold as a premium service but USPS 1st Class Int is far far better IMO.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

USPS 1st Class International (with eDELCON) for small parcels can't be bettered. 

The GSP version is a rip-off and fragile items can be compromised by repacking by the GSP agents.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

"the smaller one and the envelope do not"

False.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@agent006140 wrote:

yours sound like the medium or large box which tracks,the smaller one and the envelope do not.

you can go to USPS to confirm.

International Priority flat rate envelope and small flat rate box are always treated as first class international so if first class international has tracking as is the case to Australia, than those methods are also tracked.

However, imo  I think that it is silly to use either of those methods when shipping internationally as it is generally less expensive to use first class international. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@shoppingvictoriascloset

A flat rate international Priority envelope is always treated as first class as is a small flat rate box.

As far as delivery taking longer with first class, I can't speak for other countries but in Canada, there is very little if any difference for delivery time between Priority and first class international.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply