cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

As long as I can remember ..   There was a "button" about 1/3 of the way down the listing (just above the description, on the right side)  that allowed you to choose one of 3 options for printing out your item listing.  

I always printed out a copy of the listing and included it in the package with the item.  Today I went to do the same thing and the "Print" button was gone.   Why ?   This tool is of GREAT use.  I used it for EVERY sale I made.  I called eBay customer service and they had no answer.   The only suggestion was to do use the  "Print Screen" option on my computer.   This isn't as good as the eBay Print Listing because it includes info that isn't useful to the buyer and it doesn't leave the proper space I used to mark the item Paid In Full and a Thank You for your purchase note. 

How can I / we let eBay know how important this button was ?  Any suggestions ?  

Thanks in Advance,

Message 1 of 294
latest reply
293 REPLIES 293

Re: Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

Thanks Bubba. This works. It is probably as good as the other source of information just not as convenient to view.

Message 61 of 294
latest reply

This works.
Message 62 of 294
latest reply

Exactly what I also do, or did. HEY...eBay...return the ability to print a detailed item description with all the listing content. BRING BACK THE PRINT BUTTON!!!
Message 63 of 294
latest reply

Please bring back the print listing button! Don't need any workarounds -need the button - for watched, for completed, easy and helpful!

Message 64 of 294
latest reply

Dido!. I use the PRINT hyperlink all the time. I buy items all time. This was a very important feature to my overall eBay buying expierence. This is not an improvement to user friendlliness at all for eBay. From what I am reading here there are too many complaints not to put this feature back in to play. eBay are you listening?

Message 65 of 294
latest reply

The workaround no longer works either! eBay fix this issue!

Message 66 of 294
latest reply

Please bring back the "print" button.  

As a buyer, each week brings some new frustration.  I have made THOUSANDS of purchases on Ebay, and each month I buy less and less because it isn't worth dealing with the frustration.

Yesterday morning early I got a message that my email to a seller had been blocked -- "protecting Ebay users from unwanted mail."  I was trying to show the seller that she had accidentally relisted an item that I had already won and paid for and the auction was ending in a few more hours. I had sent several messages including links and attached photos and there was no way to know WHICH message got blocked:-(   I remember when I used to be able to communicate freely with my sellers and it was overall a much more friendly and satisfying experience.

Yes, every "improvement" that Ebay claims to make comes with a great deal of frustration for buyers or sellers.  Thank God for Amazon.com.

Message 67 of 294
latest reply

@unibid wrote:

The workaround no longer works either! eBay fix this issue!

Both of the workarounds still work for me (Sold items, and Leave feedback). Which one were you trying?

Message 68 of 294
latest reply

I just tried this and got it to where I could print to PDF without all the eBay junk & advertising using your feedback. So it is not a feature they removed being able to print. They just removed the Print link on listing page. So why not add it back in eBay? Something so simply to code in a web page. It's not like we are asking to add a completely new feature that never existed. The feature already exist and eBayISAPI.dll can parse variable to javascript:

EX: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=294656536620&view=all&tid=0

Just modify link to use your item number (replace "=294656536620" with your item number) easily found on eBay listing

Message 69 of 294
latest reply

eBay removed the Print hyperlink button normally from on the listing page. The feedback page appears to now have option to view purchased item to allow one to print the page or Print to PDF as most us appear to do. That is way to many clicks. I found a slightly better way that wirks for now so long as you know the item number you want to print. Copy and paste the llink below into your browser using your item number where indicated:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=012345678901&view=all&tid=0

In this example "012345678901" is the item number - replace this with your item number

Message 70 of 294
latest reply

Another request to add the Print button back to the listing - PLEASE!

Message 71 of 294
latest reply

I am having the same problem.  After trying several different times to figure out how to print my listing, I turned to the forum.  I want the PRINT button back too!!  I use it to print out items that did not sell, in case I want to list them again in the future (they are only kept online for 30 days).  Come on eBay!!  Help us out!!

Message 72 of 294
latest reply

ljhddb wrote: ... I use it to print out items that did not sell, in case I want to list them again in the future (they are only kept online for 30 days).  ..

You can access Unsold items for 60 days through My eBay. And for  about 90 days through Selling manager, through any links to the listing (such as in confirmation e-mails) or by looking up the item number in the invoice for the month when you listed it, then plug the item number into the regular search box.

Message 73 of 294
latest reply

Thanks for the work-around.  It works.  However, the print button was much more useful and needs to be reinstated.  I use the printouts as a historical record of my purchases.

Message 74 of 294
latest reply

Good show Bubba!
Message 75 of 294
latest reply