cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postage negative feedback received

Hi- Can anyone help me help me please.  In a nutshell I sold an item on 2nd January, received payment for it on 3rd Jan and i posted Royal Mail on 4th Jan.  (I have copy of the postage receipt as my evidence).  I received positive feedback from the buyer on 14th Jan.  All seems fairly normal until i look at my dashboard to discover that the buyer had given me a negative for late delivery.  I emailed her to check the situation and she said that she received the item later than expected and although she is happy with item, she was not happy with the delivery.  I contacted ebay and have sent them a photo of the postage receipt and have asked them to remove negative postage feedback and for some reason they refuse to as they said that the tracking indicates 13th Jan (i uploaded the tracking ref. number 2 days ago as soon as I discovered there was a problem and the date showing under tracking is showing as 13th Jan the same date as item was delivered.  Ebay customer service do not seem to be taking any notice of my evidence and are declining to assist me.  I have had conflicting information from them ( a couple of assistants have said that if i have the receipt they can sort and another couple of different assistants said they can't) I feel this is unfair as i posted the item the very next day of receiving payment and i have evidence which dates 4th Jan.  Can anyone offer any advice?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Best to mark the item as shipped, & post the tracking # when you ship & don't delay .

Try to persuade the carrier to correct the error.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Best to mark the item as shipped, & post the tracking # when you ship & don't delay .

Try to persuade the carrier to correct the error.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Why haven't you proceeded with the couple 'assistants' that say they can sort things out for you if you've got the shipping receipt?

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@walkingjan1001 wrote:

Hi- Can anyone help me help me please.  In a nutshell I sold an item on 2nd January, received payment for it on 3rd Jan and i posted Royal Mail on 4th Jan.  (I have copy of the postage receipt as my evidence).  I received positive feedback from the buyer on 14th Jan.  All seems fairly normal until i look at my dashboard to discover that the buyer had given me a negative for late delivery.  I emailed her to check the situation and she said that she received the item later than expected and although she is happy with item, she was not happy with the delivery.  I contacted ebay and have sent them a photo of the postage receipt and have asked them to remove negative postage feedback and for some reason they refuse to as they said that the tracking indicates 13th Jan (i uploaded the tracking ref. number 2 days ago as soon as I discovered there was a problem and the date showing under tracking is showing as 13th Jan the same date as item was delivered.  Ebay customer service do not seem to be taking any notice of my evidence and are declining to assist me.  I have had conflicting information from them ( a couple of assistants have said that if i have the receipt they can sort and another couple of different assistants said they can't) I feel this is unfair as i posted the item the very next day of receiving payment and i have evidence which dates 4th Jan.  Can anyone offer any advice?

First of all, since you're registered in the UK, you might want to post this thread on one of ebay.co.uk's discussion boards:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/13

Second, because of the lack of paragraphs to break up your post, it's a little difficult to decipher. From what I could tell, though, you didn't mention what the "estimated delivery date" was for the buyer to receive the item.

• The item sold on January 2, 2020.
  • Payment was received on January 3, 2020.
  • The item was mailed on January 4, 2020.
  • eBay's estimated delivery date was ____________________.
  • Tracking shows the item was delivered January 13, 2020.
  • Buyer left feedback January 14, 2020.

Also, I want to confirm that you're referring to a "DSR" rating, not feedback, right?

• Your title says "negative feedback received."
  • Your post says, "received positive feedback."
  • Later in the post, it says, "remove negative postage feedback."
  • There are no negative feedback comments on your feedback profile page.

Can you clarify to what you are referring? 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I would contact eBay and if you cannot get the representative to help request a supervisor.  I also agree with a previous response, upload tracking immediately if you do not use eBay shipping labels to avoid this issue in the future. I know in the USA we get a discount if we use the eBay shipping labels, maybe it is the same where you are from. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The op mentioned they saw the problem when they looked at their dashboard so I think they are referring to getting a late shipment ding. If there is no tracking uploaded when the buyer gives feedback, eBay will ask if they received the shipment by the estimated delivery date.  If the buyer checks off that it was received after that, it gets marked as a late shipment.

@walkingjan1001  If the buyer said that they received the item after the estimated delivery date and you can show by the tracking info that they actually did receive it by then,  eBay might remove the late shipment mark.   However, they may not be able to do so because there was no tracking uploaded at that time.

If this is your only late shipment mark, it is not going to affect you.    The best way to prevent getting a late shipment is by make sure that your package is scanned within your handling time and by uploading the tracking information on eBay.  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I received one star today because it rained. I called eBay and they told me that the mark cannot be removed because I'm responsible for the weather.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@walkingjan1001 wrote:

I emailed her to check the situation and she said that she received the item later than expected and although she is happy with item, she was not happy with the delivery. 

If the package isn't delivered until after the estimated delivery date, buyer can mark it as late delivery.

Doesn't matter if it was shipped on time, they can still mark it late being delivered.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Thank you.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Hi - Yes this would have been the way to go and i did upload the postage receipt, but unfortunately customer services have a generic email address which is monitored and responded to by various colleagues who gave differing responses to my query.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for your response.

Apologies if you did not understand my post due to the lack of paragraphs. I didn't realise i was typing a formal letter! I thought community posts were for the community to be kind and help each other?
I believe I am entitled to post UK or USA so I am not sure why you are trying to be clever?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.

That is a shame. I wish we were responsible for the weather.
Kind regards
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for your response.  Much appreciated.

It does seem unfair especially if someone has a postage receipt which indicates when and where item was posted especially when item was posted the next day after delivery.  Oh well.

Kind regards

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thank you - much appreciated.
Kind regards
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Thank for for your response - much appreciated.
Kind regards
Jan
Message 15 of 15
latest reply