cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physically Mail from Different ZIP Code Than Account?

Hi... Just moved to a community which has its own ZIP code.  The nearest full service post office is about 10 miles away and in a different ZIP code. I always drop shipments off at the post office.  Have not restarted selling yet , but I was wondering if  there would be a problem with the Ebay purchased label due to the ZIP code difference when I take the package to the Post Office? Any advise or experience will be appreciated... thanks!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@lp9999au 

You should not have any issue with that.  I personally have shipped from a different zip code about 10 miles away many many times...never an issue.  10 miles is very close to your address in the USPS world so 10 miles isn't going to make a difference.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There is an option to take care of this where your Origination Zip Code, the Ship From Zip for the actual post office is different than your Return Address Zip Code.

First in your profile adjust the Ship From and the Return To addresses.  Then when you create your first label, click on Edit by your Return Address, and follow through to confirm the Ship From (Origination Zip Code), is correct.

https://accountsettings.ebay.com/uas/addresses

Note you can also adjust on the listing itself the Item Location Zip Code to reflect this.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You should change your eBay address in case of returns and that will fix the zip code.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I live in ZIP xx011. There is no post office in my ZIP code. So I drop everything off at the nearest office which is xx015. Been doing it for 18 years NEVER a problem.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I live in zip code 46517     The local PO is 46515 where I drop off 80%  of my stuff.    Next town over is '46526 and sometimes I drop off stuff there.    The other way the town zip is 46544 and I drop stuff there sometimes.

Never has been an issue for me.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

You should change your eBay address in case of returns and that will fix the zip code.

I send my packages from a different zip code from my mailing address and have never had a problem with a return as the shipping label/return address IS my mailing address.  OP was just wondering if they could send a package from another post office/zip code other than their own.  Their shipping label would still be the same as their mailing address so there should not be any problem if an item was returned as it would be return to the address associated with their account.

...now if you changed your address to an address that is NOT your own...😶

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

I live in zip code 46517     The local PO is 46515 where I drop off 80%  of my stuff.    Next town over is '46526 and sometimes I drop off stuff there.    The other way the town zip is 46544 ....

Zones are determined by the first 3 digits of your ZIP Code, so any PO with 465xx will have the same postage rates as your home base ZIP.  

If you shipped from 464xx you MIGHT  end up with a credit or charge for the postage difference if any.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@dirk12955 wrote:

I live in zip code 46517     The local PO is 46515 where I drop off 80%  of my stuff.    Next town over is '46526 and sometimes I drop off stuff there.    The other way the town zip is 46544 ....

Zones are determined by the first 3 digits of your ZIP Code, so any PO with 465xx will have the same postage rates as your home base ZIP.  

If you shipped from 464xx you MIGHT  end up with a credit or charge for the postage difference if any.

Oooo...

Thank you for that info...I had no idea that is how the zip code works for mailing packages. 🙂

@nobody*s_perfect 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

You can use those 3 digits to generate your own handy 1-page Zone chart:

https://postcalc.usps.com/DomesticZoneChart

And even a color-coded Zone map:

https://apps.endicia.com/apps/zonemap

Message 10 of 10
latest reply