cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Stuck at Jamaica NY International Distribution Center

I have purchased an item that has been sitting at the Jamaica NY International Distribution Center.  The package was coming from the US and going to Canada.  Is there any way to check in on the package? Try to get it moving along? When can I expect to see it?

The official status based on tracking is:

Your item was processed through our JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on September 25, 2020, at 8:02 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Status updates beyond the United States are only available for select countries.

Does this mean it has passed customs? Or is it waiting to be assessed? I prepaid my duties if that helps. Any help on expectations or guidance on how to get my package, would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

That is a long time. It could be lost.  Keep a close watch on the expected delivery date.  Once that has passed by a day, file an item not received case in the resolution center. Link at bottom of page.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you are using the USPS tracking service not always clear status beyond Jamaica. Though it should show if gets on a plane or departs.

Try using Ship24 with your tracking number. They sometimes have better info if the item was handed off to another carrier including the Canada PO or to DHL or similar between NY and Canada.

I have sent a few packages to Canada lately and customs clearances times have been super slow. Suspect it could be stuck there.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I would say waiting to be assessed, but still that's a very long time. If you do not see something soon I would do a INR

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for your help.  I am getting concerned that it is lost as it has been so long.  I looked at Ship24 and the status confuses me even further:

"September 25th, 2020 - 8:02 AM USPS

Processed Through Regional Facility, Your item was processed through our JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on September 25, 2020 at 8:02 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

September 25th, 2020 - 8:02 AM Canada Post

International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada"

So it seems the Canadian PO is aware of the package, but how can it take a month + to be en route from the US to Canada? 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply