cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Returned From Russia With Suspended Service Label How Do I Get Postage Refund?

I shipped a package to Russia through ebay international shipping in February. The package came back to me with a bright pink Suspended Service label advising me that I could get a refund from USPS. This has never happened to me so I went to USPS and I did read on the website that if you bought your shipping label from a third party like ebay, you can't file a claim directly with them. I decided to try anyway and after I entered the tracking number I received a red message saying this UA tracking number type is ineligible for a claim. 

So I thought I would try voiding the package label on ebay since that's what USPS tells you to do. The problem is that on my ebay page there is no option to void, because the package is showing as "in transit." This is a significant amount of money so I would like to get a refund if possible. Has anyone successfully managed to get a refund in this situation and how? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Package Returned From Russia With Suspended Service Label How Do I Get Postage Refund?

I have never tied to get a postage refund for a returned package.

I think you should feel glad that you got your package back at all

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Package Returned From Russia With Suspended Service Label How Do I Get Postage Refund?

I would think the only way you would get a refund is if the reason for the suspended service was the fault of who provided the label. In this case, it is circumstances beyond their control. You should not expect a refund. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ditto. Just be happy it's back.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply