cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok - what's going on with shipping labels?

Yesterday, labels would not print - just endless "try again later" messages. I cleared my laptop's cache and things were back to normal. Same thing happens this morning - either "try again later" or "could not load payments at this time." I called tech support and they said it's been an ongoing issue, and to try clearing my cache again. I did that and, at the moment, I can print labels again but now they are about a third of the usual size and I can't get them back to normal. 

I'm not the most tech savvy guy - is this happening to anyone else? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Same thing here, except label sizes are ok.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

here too

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I just printed a normal size label, but the receipt is not attached as usual. I like having that, use it for my records.  I wonder if that will go back to normal, or did they change it?    

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@mr_suit_records  Same here but clearing my cache only fixed it temporarily and I still couldn't print because of their problem with loading payment method.

I was able to successfully print without any problem by going into Orders / Shipping Labels and at the top of the screen clicking on the link for the Bulk Shipping Tool.  You might also be able to reprint the labels you already generated and get them with the proper size through that tool.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I printed and shipped a few things yesterday with no issues but i know many had problems. Today i noticed a memo from EBAY on the select shipping menu.

This was posted.

"Please be aware that USPS,Fedex,eBay Send,UPS are experiencing issues at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience and if affected, ask that you try again later."

Seems like Ebay is aware of the issue.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

My issue started on 7-20-22, when I couldn't print from my dymo printer. All 
was working with the printer. I called ebay twice, no one seemed to know anything
about the issue. It would show a partial label, that I couldn't print. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Same here.....Multiple issues.

I can't reprint a label at all. That link just gets me the 'oops' page.

The label print page itself has changed the label size and position on the paper. 

Just when you get all the different layouts and sizes figured out. Now I'm starting over.

Well, I now know it's not me. They did something, even though no one will admit it.....

I have to look at that 'bulk shipping tool'.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I was having trouble too, said there were no payment options/could not load payment options, something like that, but the Orders/Shipping Labels/Bulk tool thing worked. One item still said something about no shipping options available, but there was a 'retry' button, and that worked. I can mail my stuff now and combine all my jobs into one trip, yay! 

Thank you csbbct!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Recommendation:

Consider trying a different shipping venue instead of the clumsy and unreliable eBay shipping/labeling service. There are others out there, like Stamps.com and Pirateship.

I stopped using eBay's labeling/shipping system about 18 years ago when I couldn't rely on it. I went to Stamps.com with automatic downlinks, full postback including tracking and even automatic feedback for the buyer, Etsy, Amazon and other online marketplaces also included in one place, all the domestic and international shippers and services included that I control, not eBay, the same discount rates, insurance when needed, constant comprehensive and year-end shipping reports, and most importantly -- real live US-based CS reps who answer the phone promptly, really know their stuff, and have the authority to solve any problem or correctly  answer any question in understandable English. All for only 18 bucks a month, not a bad deal at all.

You'll probably see much better reliability - think about it. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Guy walks into a doctor's office and says Doc it hurts when I raise my arm over my head. The doctor says Then don't do that.

Piirateship, stamps.com, paypal, probably a whole bunch of other places to print labels. The problem is not with the post office. It is eBay's program glitch.

Myself, I have used Pirateship for years. NEVER had that problem.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Same issue. For right now I save labels as PDF file and print them through Acrobat Reader with 58% of the size. That's the max I can do to make it the most visible. Otherwise it's very tiny.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply