cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No tracking number provided

Anyone know how I should approach this?, item I brought shows shipped but there's no tracking, I ask seller to shipped via FedEx and they agreed but on the order page it shows shipped as usps priority . Should I give another day to have them send me the tracking numbers? The items are high value at over $3k.

thanks .

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: No tracking number provided

@cliu4629 wrote:

Anyone know how I should approach this?, item I brought shows shipped but there's no tracking, I ask seller to shipped via FedEx and they agreed but on the order page it shows shipped as usps priority . Should I give another day to have them send me the tracking numbers? The items are high value at over $3k.

thanks .

How long ago did they ship your pkg? Tracking should be uploaded as soon as the package is in the shipper's possession or once the seller knows it. Gets automatically uploaded if it was an eBay shipping label printed, otherwise, has to be put in manually.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

if it is past the estimated delivery date,you can open a case of item not received,it will f force the seller to upload tracking proving he has shipped. 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Originally the seller was going to ship via usps priority mail, but I had ask to be shipped using FedEx and hold at location for pickup, the seller agree. But my order page shows shipped using usps priority , and I had contacted the seller, the seller said it was shipped using FedEx priority , and he will need to ask his messenger for the tracking.

so I was wondering how to approach this, should I wait till Monday to ask the seller again if the tracking isn't provided? Since the value of the items are in the 1000's , I wonder what approach to take if the seller doesn't give a tracking by Monday.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

@agent006140 wrote:

if it is past the estimated delivery date,you can open a case of item not received,it will f force the seller to upload tracking proving he has shipped. 

On my order page it shows, shipped. But it shows USPS priority : not FedEx  ( which should have been a automatic tracking?) but seller told me he had shipped via FedEx Priority ( I asked him to)

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

There really is no approach that you can take until it is past the estimated delivery time.  A seller isn't obligated to have tracking or to provide a tracking number to the buyer although it is good customer service to do so.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@cliu4629 wrote:

@agent006140 wrote:

On my order page it shows, shipped. But it shows USPS priority : not FedEx  ( which should have been a automatic tracking?) but seller told me he had shipped via FedEx Priority ( I asked him to)

seller can upload more than one tracking number ,by same or different carriers,when you open a case of item not received,Ebay will immediately withhold the payemnt you made to him  so he cant spend or transfer to a bank account,he wil have to prove he has shipped by uploading a tracking number.if you never get the item,then escalate to get Ebay involved.

Dont worry,you will  get your money back or your item. 

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

what is the item?

if this is a new item still in production,it is not unusual for the seller to use your money to place an order with the distributor or factory,the item could be shipped direct by the distributor.dropshipper/another retailer/factory,this could be a reason he does not have the tracking number as he is not the one doing the shipping .

This is just a speculation.

but you should be covered by Ebay money back guarantee for item not as descrived and item not received,anything over $700 must be signed for by the buyer.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Just some estate jeweleries 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Upon information & belief , ebay policy does not require a seller to disclose a tracking number to a buyer and is not required to even reply to the buyer.

May not be great seller customer service, upon personal experience, it does sometimes happen.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

Upon information & belief , ebay policy does not require a seller to disclose a tracking number to a buyer and is not required to even reply to the buyer.

May not be great seller customer service, upon personal experience, it does sometimes happen.

I see, but I was just wondering since the purchase price I paid for the item is very high so I was expecting a tracking number .

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@cliu4629 wrote:

Originally the seller was going to ship via usps priority mail, but I had ask to be shipped using FedEx and hold at location for pickup, the seller agree. But my order page shows shipped using usps priority , and I had contacted the seller, the seller said it was shipped using FedEx priority , and he will need to ask his messenger for the tracking.

so I was wondering how to approach this, should I wait till Monday to ask the seller again if the tracking isn't provided? Since the value of the items are in the 1000's , I wonder what approach to take if the seller doesn't give a tracking by Monday.

Thanks.

It probably shows USPS Priority because the seller did not have FedEx as one of their shipping options, and was going to originally ship that way until you made asked for a different shipping method.

Again, when did you make the purchase? Need to know so we can figure out if you are being too hasty in wanting the tracking info.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@cliu4629 wrote:

When did you buy the items and what is the estimated delivery date that Ebay give you?

Some sellers won't provide tracking numbers and it's not required to provide one, but it would be nice if they did.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

estate jewelry.

seller does not have to upload tracking,if he prints his shipping label with Ebay,it will automatically show up on your order.

not much we can do for you,it is between you and your seller.

if he is a legit business or have an account with Fed EXP,you can call Fed Exp and ask them.

I did that with an Ebay seller ,Fed Exp would need name or just the address he is shipping from,but you dont know where he is shipping from. 

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

EBay policy dictates buyer signature required at time of delivery, on items $750 and above

Message 15 of 25
latest reply