cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Day Shipping Cut Off Time

I thought I heard Griff on eBay radio say that you can set a cut off time for next day shipping. I'd like to set it up to cut off at 9PM. 

Is there anyway to do this?

Dean

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Next Day Shipping Cut Off Time

@knotaroundyourneck  In your Site Preferences - Shipping Preferences then way at the bottom of the list is the "Order cut off time for same business day handling".   I do not think there is one for "next day".  That cut off time I mentioned, set in Pacific time zone values, is the latest you can accept an order, pack it, label it and get it to the carrier that day for Same day shipping.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Either Griff mis-spoke or you misunderstood.  There's no cutoff time for 1-day handling.  You must ship the next business day after you are paid, and that is in Pacific time so for those of us on the east coast, that's in effect a cutoff time of 3 AM.

He might have been pointing out that if you have "same day" shipping and a payment misses your cutoff time for same-day shipping, then it defaults to next-day shipping.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@knotaroundyourneckwrote:

I thought I heard Griff on eBay radio say that you can set a cut off time for next day shipping. I'd like to set it up to cut off at 9PM. 

Is there anyway to do this?

Dean

@knotaroundyourneck

There is a cutoff time if you offer same-day shipping. Is that what you're asking about?

If you offer 1-day handling, the cutoff is the same for everyone: 3am Pacific time.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for all the reply's more than likely I misunderstood him. 

🙂

Dean

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@thatsallfolkswrote:

There is a cutoff time if you offer same-day shipping. Is that what you're asking about?

If you offer 1-day handling, the cutoff is the same for everyone: 3am Pacific time.

Don't you mean midnight Pacific which is 3AM eastern?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@dtexley3wrote:

@thatsallfolkswrote:

Don't you mean midnight Pacific which is 3AM eastern?

Derp. I surely did. Thanks!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

it's kind of messed up for east coast shippers. in essence,  anything that is paid for by 3am east coast time, has to be wrapped and ready for the next day (which is the one after 3am).  For a while, if the package reached it's desination by the calculated time, you didn't have to ship out the next day but make sure you printed the label. For some reason, that is no longer the case as I just had 6 come up in my performance measures that the post office punted on; ie mis-handled them or slowly followed up, and i got pinged.  It is difficult for us, on the east coast to get packages out the next day that are paid at 2:59 am, and I get a lot of them. essentially, it has become a 24 hour business to ensure we meet all the metrics.  If on the west coast, they only have to go by their 12am cutoff. Not really fair. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The thread is from February. 🙂

Message 9 of 9
latest reply