cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Shipping Screen

I am just curious from a community standpoint. We have been using the classic version of the shipping screen for a while now. Even when they updated us to the new one we were able to revert back to the old classic version. Unfortunately that is no longer possible and everyone has to use the new version it seems..

I am not sure how anyone else feels but I hate the new version. I feel like it takes 2-3 times the amount of time to print out shipping labels and it's extremely annoying.

Has anyone been successful in contacting Ebay and getting them to revert them back to the classic version?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: New Shipping Screen

@blue_door_boutique wrote:

I am just curious from a community standpoint. We have been using the classic version of the shipping screen for a while now. Even when they updated us to the new one we were able to revert back to the old classic version. Unfortunately that is no longer possible and everyone has to use the new version it seems..

I am not sure how anyone else feels but I hate the new version. I feel like it takes 2-3 times the amount of time to print out shipping labels and it's extremely annoying.

Has anyone been successful in contacting Ebay and getting them to revert them back to the classic version?

Two things,

1. Business is always changing and the changes just need to be learned - as you use it and become familiar with it, you'll become more efficient with it.
  2. The classic shipping page is still available, but it will eventually disappear, so you might as well do Thing #1.

If you don't want to change your ways, and insist on using the Classic Shipping label, you can manipulate the URL to get to the classic postage page:

• For bulk shipping, replace "bulk?" with "bulk/rampRedirection?to=classic&"
  • For single shipping, replace “new_label” with “back_to_classic

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Absolutely hate it.  Only one of my accounts at this point is forcing it. 

I've been going directly to PayPal to print labels but at some point that won't be an option due to the impending managed payments. 

It took me no less than five minutes to print out a label with the "improved" system. I use an iPad, not a computer so that may have something to do with it. 

It would be really nice of eBay decided to fix things were that were actually broken instead of screwing things up that actually worked 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the tip. It is a royal pain in the but to do this but it worked. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

No, I didn't contact ebay about reverting their change. I took the time to learn the new shipping label form.
It's not calculus.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm not saying it's hard to figure out. I just feel like it takes 2-3 times as long to print a label. You have to go through more screens to accomplish the same thing. Either way I am glad it works for you!

Also I appreciate the person who posted the work around to go back to the classic version! Definitely going to check it out when I ship items later, thanks again!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I'm not saying it's hard to figure out. I just feel like it takes 2-3 times as long to print a label. You have to go through more screens to accomplish the same thing. Either way I am glad it works for you!

Also I appreciate the person who posted the work around to go back to the classic version! Definitely going to check it out when I ship items later, thanks again!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I hate the new shipping screen. It is not user friendly, it makes it more complicated to print a label. I understand wanting to give the ebay site a fresh look, but if it doesn't improve or make easier the experience for the buyers or the sellers  then what is the point?

I have been forced to use the new labeling screen and it takes longer and limits your options.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Maybe your screen is different than my new shipping form. The weight is already on my items, so that's filled in. All I have to do is select the method (packaging, which type of service), maybe fill in a couple dimensions if need be, click update, then purchase and print. What do you mean you have to click through several screens? It's not all on one form?
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@tracdea1 wrote:
No, I didn't contact ebay about reverting their change. I took the time to learn the new shipping label form.
It's not calculus.

I dis-like it also.  I know how to use it but the paypal screen that comes up when I go to pay is too big  and I cannot get it to scroll up so I can click the 'pay now' button.  I have tried scrolling sideways, backwards, upside down, etc.  and nothing works.  I have tried changing the zoom level and the only thing that I can zoom is the shipping label page underneath the Paypal page.

When they force me to use the new version, I will no longer be able to print my labels through E-bay.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply