cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice on a return

Sold item 8/15, delivered 8/19.  Email from ebay about 2 weeks ago said buyer requested return and label was issued.  Never heard anything from buyer and no case filed.  Item has not been received back here and no tracking info ever received.

Email from ebay today (paraphrasing now) says buyer posted return and once received, I should refund by 10/8.  If I like I can contact buyer (link provided by ebay).  Well, I "don't like" to contact the buyer - I mean, why wake the sleeping bear?

Question is whether I should try to get this closed out somehow, or am I risking a defect if I contact CS?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need some advice on a return

says buyer posted return and once received, I should refund by 10/8.

First, if you issued a return label, there is a return case in process and has to be completed.  I would worry that the buyer has sent the item, but you show no evidence of that (tracking #) in the case.....  I'd call ebay and ask if they are seeing tracking and know it's been mailed.....

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

definitely contact ebay. the item should have been returned to you by now. don't know how they gave such a long period, 2 weeks, to allow the return.

click on this link to call or have ebay call you>

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/contacting-ebay-customer-service/contacting-ebay-customer-service?...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@wonderdogdawn wrote:

Email from ebay today (paraphrasing now) says buyer posted return and once received, I should refund by 10/8.  If I like I can contact buyer (link provided by ebay).  

Well, I "don't like" to contact the buyer - I mean, why wake the sleeping bear?

Question is whether I should try to get this closed out somehow, or am I risking a defect if I contact CS?

That's just an automatic message @wonderdogdawn when eBay cannot see that your buyer has not mailed the return. Sellers have reported that CS might extend the deadline if you call, instead of instantly closing the return.

Otherwise, the return will close 21 business days after the request began, since the buyer missed the 5 business days to mail the return after you/eBay approved the return, and decided not to return.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply