cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Mail grayed out

We have sold music books for the last 10 years shipping almost exclusively using Media Mail.  Now starting earlier this week  Ebay will not let us choose Media mail as an option when shipping.  It is grayed out.  Is anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Media Mail grayed out

@jrcole3 

Many people are having this issue and an eBay blue (employee) posted, a few days ago, they are aware of it.

You can buy the postage straight from USPS or another online shipping service or at the counter until they get it sorted.

Sorry.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

@jrcole3 

Several posts on the subject.

Some related to listing category issues.

Some report of eBay "glitch" (read as IT programming) being worked on.

You can use PP(or other online sources) to print qualifying MM labels, or ship at the PO for the same cost.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

May have something to do with your listing them under "Musical Instruments & Gear."

=

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

As others shared, it is a known glitch.  We bought a MM label yesterday thru USPS.com - same price as buying it on here.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

@maxine*j wrote:

May have something to do with your listing them under "Musical Instruments & Gear."

=

This ^^ media mail is indexed to category.  You can ship them using another shipping app, don't need to use eBay.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

There is a reply here from Brian, 4 days ago,  about this issue.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Ebay-not-allowing-Sheet-Music-to-Ship-Media-Mail-under-Sheet/... 

"There is a known issue that is causing Media Mail to be grayed out in some valid categories. We're working to resolve this. Thanks!"  ~Brian 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

@pikabo-icu wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Ebay-not-allowing-Sheet-Music-to-Ship-Media-Mail-under-Sheet/... 

"There is a known issue that is causing Media Mail to be grayed out in some valid categories. We're working to resolve this. Thanks!"  ~Brian 

But is "Musical Instruments & Gear" a valid category?  

=

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

@maxine*j wrote:

@pikabo-icu wrote:

But is "Musical Instruments & Gear" a valid category?  

=

It is weird that sheet music and songbooks falls under that category......looked yesterday, not really anywhere else for it to go.

Sheet music would not seem like "gear" to me.  Part of the category re-org?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

"But is "Musical Instruments & Gear" a valid category?  "

A big part of the problem is that eBay is basing MM eligibility on the top-level Category, even when the sub-category is clearly for eligible items, such as sheet music in the "Sheet music and song books" subcategory within Musical Instruments and Gear, or books about coins that are in the Publications subcategory in Coins.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

@maxine*j wrote:

May have something to do with your listing them under "Musical Instruments & Gear."=

LOL. 

That is where the music books category is located. 

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

@luckythewinner wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

May have something to do with your listing them under "Musical Instruments & Gear."=

LOL. 

That is where the music books category is located. 

Okay.  It was an honest comment, as I did not know that.   I never thought of sheet music or books as "gear."  Thanks for the correction! 

=

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

Certain books can be honestly listed under all sorts of categories (that may or not still exist, I haven't looked).

Automobile repair manuals under eBay Motors

Computer/Video Game manuals had a section in the Video Game category

Military categories had an area for reference books and manuals

Various other categories also had a place for books, especially collectibles

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

"But is "Musical Instruments & Gear" a valid category?  "

A big part of the problem is that eBay is basing MM eligibility on the top-level Category, even when the sub-category is clearly for eligible items, such as sheet music in the "Sheet music and song books" subcategory within Musical Instruments and Gear, or books about coins that are in the Publications subcategory in Coins.

Since they are basing the MM eligibility on the top level category that must mean eBay thinks it is OK to ship Magazines by Media Mail since they changed that top level category from Books to Books and Magazines. I wonder if they are allowing sellers who are listing Magazines with Media Mail selected to print Media Mail labels? If so, then they really really have this so messed up instead of fixing it.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Media Mail grayed out

Did you get your label online? Where did  you find it? All I could  find online was 1st class and priority. I can't bring it to the post office  because I live in Canada and can't cross the border yet, so I have to pay a company to do it for me but have to make the labels first

Message 15 of 26
latest reply