cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

I have sold a book, but eBay will not let me use Media Mail.  I have to send either First Class or Priority.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

media mail option only pops up on particular listed categories

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

@medalhut What category did you sell your book under? MM is still an option under the category of books. It was changed to only be available for certain categories due to sellers abusing the MM type for other items. You can still purchase the MM label directly at your local post office. Best of luck to you....

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

In its efforts to decrease the abuse of Media Mail, eBay has blocked access to MM postage for many items which are eligible. For the same cost as an eBay label, you can purchase Media Mal postage at the Post office counter, or through PayPal at www.PayPal.com/shipnow .

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

You didn't have the item listed in a book category and that is likely why you didn't get the media mail option.

You can always go straight to usps.com to print a media mail label or  paypal/shipnow.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

MM postage is not available at usps.com.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

Did you perhaps list it in the "Coins" category rather than the "Books" category? 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

It was listed in a Publications subsection in Coins category.  eBay's efforts to block MM misuse are  crudely based on just the main category.  So subcategories that are clearly eligible are blocked.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

Media Mail shipping is blocked for me for old magazines listed under category: Books & Magazines > Magazines.  Old magazines are eligible for Media Mail shipping.  This is a crude attempt, as someone wrote below, to block "abuse" of MM, but poorly done and with no contact with sellers, like me, who naively used the sub-categories under Books & Magazines, to more precisely list their items for sale.  Do I really want to drive to the Post Office, stand in line, then answer the clerk's questions about the contents of my box?  No.  I accepted payment for the items via eBay Payments.  Maybe I should revert to PayPal so I can print my 200+ listings of old magazines without the problems that eBay just created.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

@wolf28man wrote:

Media Mail shipping is blocked for me for old magazines listed under category: Books & Magazines > Magazines.  Old magazines are eligible for Media Mail shipping.  ....

No, old magazines are not eligible for MM.  

Apparently this is a common misconception, since USPS included separate lines for "new" and "old" magazines in this reference chart that they put together for staff:

https://liteblue.usps.gov/news/link/2013/04apr/Media-Mail-Guidelines.htm

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

@wolf28man 

If your “old “ magazines have any form of advertising in them they do not qualify for Media Mail. And if you do send them Media Mail know that your packages maybe opened by the Post office and inspected to ensure your postage use is correct. If the magazines are found to have advertisements in them your packages will either be returned to you for insufficient postage or your PayPal  account will be charged. Best to be safe than sorry so ask at the post office before shipping your magazines.
Also it’s best to start your own thread instead of piggybacking on someone else’s 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

MEDIA MAIL NOT WORKING

Old magazines certainly are not eligible for media mail shipping. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply