cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining e-bays shipping program?

Thinking of joining e-bays postage but needed answers on what they do with perfumes.  I have a case I would like to sell but when I put some up in the past I put in my auctions you can't ship perfume overseas anymore and ground only in the US. Now all perfume has to be shipped HAZMAT which is very expensive. Are they printing postage for that and how are all the people selling perfume printing postage so cheap? I need to read more on shipping with E-bay and I hate to say it but I'm having a hard time getting around everywhere to find knowledge. Way too many pages on how they want it ran. Use to be fun and simple but now I have to look hard for what I need to know. Thank you

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Joining e-bays shipping program?

@jitterbug2003 

What do you understand 'joining e-bays postage' to mean?

eBay doesn't have postage. eBay has a way of printing shipping labels if you use FedEx, UPS or USPS. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

eBay is just a way to purchase the services of regular public carriers such as USPS, FedEx, and UPS.  So each carrier's stated policies regarding perfume would apply in terms of how they handle any given fluid volume and what type of labeling they require.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

All shipping for perfume is ground, US only and hazard. Policies are the same for all. That's why I'm asking about e-bays labeling.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You have to follow the shipping rules for the service you choose regardless of where you purchase the label.  Buying it through ebay isn't any different in that regard than buying the label elsewhere.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@jitterbug2003 

What do you understand 'joining e-bays postage' to mean?

eBay doesn't have postage. eBay has a way of printing shipping labels if you use FedEx, UPS or USPS. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

You can only ship perfume to your customers within the US. You should ship it surface mail only.   Wrap some paper towels  around the perfume bottle and put it in a zip lock bag to capture leaks. Then put it in a sturdy box with more absorbent padding. On the address side of the package write ORM-D Surface Mail Only. You'll be good to go! 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

There's no "shipping program" - you can just print labels through here.  Same rules apply as regular postal regulations.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

There's no "shipping program" - you can just print labels through here.  Same rules apply as regular postal regulations.

OP may be referring to eBay’s Global Shipping Program.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@releasethekraken_1 wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

OP may be referring to eBay’s Global Shipping Program.

or eBay International Standard Delivery,  or not

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

You can't anymore. They have huge posters out that say Hazmat only I've talked to 2 post offices and there sticking to that. You have to hit the button that say's perfume. Never mind I don't think I'll switch to E-bay printing. My kids are wanting me to. Thank you. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I'm sorry yes I understood the label printing. If I go into perfumes and look at the auctions, most are free shipping and great prices. I can't understand how they can sell their product for practically nothing  because with the cost of shipping they are.  Thank you. I like to go to the post office anyways.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Not all sellers keep up with the rules regarding perfume shipping. That may explain some of the cheaper postage costs you see. 

(PS--for those who aren't aware, eBay no longer allows used perfume to be sold, only new is allowed now. It is too bad, I once did well with pre-owned vintage perfume.)

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

No, your clerks are not properly trained. While perfume is flammable and a class 3 hazardous classification, shipping  the type of perfume you see on a retail shelf is allowed ground as an ORM-D community commodity. Other than ground then you would need standard haz mat class labeling and shipper's dangerous goods declaration. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

They're shipping it cheap by breaking the the rules and mailing it First Class and lie when the clerk asks if there's anything anything liquid, flammable, dangerous etc. Some POs are now making you sign a declaration on the packages you mail at the counter.  

Message 14 of 14
latest reply