cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item showing as delivered "Arrived at the Global Shipping Center - Delivered ERLANGER, KY"

I ordered an item on November 12th, 2018, and it was shipped the same day.

The USPS tracking shows it as " Arrived at the Global Shipping Center - Delivered ERLANGER, KY 41025" and ebay is considering the item as delivered on November 15th 2018.

However, I live in Portugal, not the USA, much less at the Global Shipping Center!

The content is old collectible comic books.

I think the USPS is at fault here. Both the USPS and Ebay are giving me the runaround, as they are almost impossible to contact and/or get an answer from.

Since this happened only yesterday, I'm trying to act soon, so I won't loose my books.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item showing as delivered "Arrived at the Global Shipping Center - Delivered ERLANGER, KY"

your seller used gsp. your seller ships to the gsp center.

gsp then arranges for the international shipping and ships internationally.

nothing to worry about.

if you order does not arrive by the estimated delivery date you can file a item not received case. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

as the previous reply states your seller is using the global shipping center for international shipping.  This means that they ship to the center in the United states and then the global shipping center forwards it on to you.  The listing will stated shipping by global shipping. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Many ebay sellers use the global shipping program. They ship the item to Erlanger, KY and they inspect the item and repack it and inform you of the costs to ship overseas including customs, etc. It makes it easier for the seller to sell overseas without worries but it may be more expensive for the buyer. Ask How does EBAY's Global Shipping program work and what are the cost to the buyer? You should find a pretty good explanation. So there is nothing wrong with the Erlanger address but no one seems to bother explaining it to either the seller or buyer so when we first encounter it, we think something is wrong. But I have used it fairly often with no problems. For the seller, it costs nothing extra and takes the risk out of selling internationally but it may reduce you international sales, especially on cheaper items as their prices to ship can become inflated. Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@miguel.tenshi 

Your item was sent to the GSP in Kentucky, where it will be processed and then sent on to you. Once the GSP sends the item on to you, you will be sent a separate tracking number. The tracking number you see now means that you package has arrived in KY. It will be on it's way to you soon with a new tracking number.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@mariael59 

@southern*sweet*tea 

FYI the OPs original post was  dated November 16, 2018.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@mariael59 wrote:
Many ebay sellers use the global shipping program. They ship the item to Erlanger, KY and they inspect the item and repack it and inform you of the costs to ship overseas including customs, etc. It makes it easier for the seller to sell overseas without worries but it may be more expensive for the buyer. Ask How does EBAY's Global Shipping program work and what are the cost to the buyer? You should find a pretty good explanation. So there is nothing wrong with the Erlanger address but no one seems to bother explaining it to either the seller or buyer so when we first encounter it, we think something is wrong. But I have used it fairly often with no problems. For the seller, it costs nothing extra and takes the risk out of selling internationally but it may reduce you international sales, especially on cheaper items as their prices to ship can become inflated. Hope this helps.

The buyer pays the international shipping and customs with their initial payment.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 7
latest reply