cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International shipping - tracking

Hello, I opted out of the NEW international shipping program.  2 of my items were purchased before I had opted out.  I shipped both to the shipping center in IL.  This was the beginning of April.  One Buyer is contacting me now to say they still have not received the item.  When I check the tracking (thru Ascendia US) the item shows that it has been in the (international) destination since April 20th.  

The question is, if it is the sellers responsibility to get the item to the IL hub, then who has the responsibility to track and provide the details to the buyer?  I have responded with the information that I found and sent a screen shot of the tracking.  The item shows that it is to be delivered June 7.  The item destination is Kuwait and the cost of the item was almost 200 US.    I can see the frustration for the buyer that it takes this long to receive.  This is one of the reasons that I opted out of the program.  It is not worth the hassle IMO.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: International shipping - tracking

Just to confirm @boutique5280, the tracking numbers began with EEUS and not ESUS, correct?

For EEUS tracking, eBay is responsible any claims of non-receipt. Buyer can see tracking through their purchase history page. You may find more thorough tracking info at parcelsapp.com including the buyer's local carrier/tracking.

Who is responsible to provide details to the buyer? Well eBay already provides tracking, but it's still good CS to handle inquiries. If it was a domestic shipment and a buyer had a question, you'd look it up on USPS and answer them even though they could check tracking on their own, right? Look at this situation the same way.

If the tracking begins with ESUS that shifts responsibility for non-receipt as it's a different shipping program so come back and let us know if that's the case so we can provide more details.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hello and thanks for the answer.  The tracking begins with EEUS.  There is another number that starts with CY - I was able to look at that tracking with AscendiaUS.  I will check the parcels app and see what I can find there.

I did message the buyer with all the info that I could find.  Hopefully it is delivered when it says next week.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

No prob. EEUS means this was definitely an EIS shipment - just wanted to make sure as some sellers are confusing the new program with a different one (EISD) that's being discontinued within the month.

If for any reason the item doesn't arrive the buyer can file a non-receipt claim (they have 30 days from the latest estimated delivery date) and you will be covered by eBay. If it's been sitting at an international destination since April 20th then possibly the buyer has to pay customs fees to release it or possibly the buyer got the item already and is trying to get you to refund them since there's no delivery scan. Also possible customs returned the package if the buyer didn't pay the fees to pick it up. No way to know, but whatever the situation, you as the seller are covered.

If any more questions arise come back to let us know @boutique5280.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply