cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International returns

I am having the same issue as this person did in July. I've copied the post below. I don't know what to do. I have talked to Ebay and they keep saying that no one can advise or help me with this because a case was started in France and that it's up to them. I said I would accept the return but did not provide a return label because my return policy states that the buyer is responsible. There is nothing wrong with the item. The France ebay folks have now given 3 different excuses on why the buyer wants to return the item. The old " doesn't match the description" is a recurring theme here. I'm super frustrated and don't want to partcipate any more in the GSP because of this whole transaction. Can anyone give insight or advice on how to proceed?

Thanks

Return from international buyer 
jcamccann2

jcamccann2
Rising Star

I feel like i have found a major flaw in the global shippping program and i need some advice.  I have a buyer that purchased a $700 item from me and it was sent to the GSP and then onto Japan.  The shipping paid by them was around $52.  The buyer decided that they did not agree with my description for whatever reason and now wants to send it back on my dime.  I was told that i need to send a return label to them or ebay will allow the buyer to keep the item and return them their money (which would be around $1500.)  At this point i just want the train back but using my FED EX and UPS accounts the labels are both costing over $400.  Ebay does not do a return label through them for the global shipping program.  What should i do?  I don't feel that i should have to pay $400+ to get this item back.  PS the buyer has been totally unresponsive theough this process.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

International returns

If you want your item back, you will need to either provide a label or send the funds to cover the cost of the return including tracking.   eBay France version of the MBG also requires that the seller cover return shipping costs for NAD claims. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

International returns

This is one reason why I have discontinued international shipping on Etsy - I refuse to sell internationally to anyone in the EU 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

International returns

It is not possible for you to print a return shipping label for your French buyer to use,SHE NEEDs a shipping label from French Postal ,not USPS.

who has the money now?

Paypal/Ebay?

-----------

I have a case of a shipment to Australia,the minute he received the item,he refused the package and then file item not as described ,

Ebay Australia checked the tracking from USA to Australia and approved the return and refund him,saying tracking shows he has returned the item from Australia to USA.

I cannot make any one in Ebay understand the tracking number is mine from USA to Australia and not from Australia to USA,finally I have to call Ebay USA and a lady from pHILIPINES finally understand and gave me a refund,it probably comes from Ebay,todate I still do not have the item.

you may have to work with the buyer to have it returned,ask what is the cheapest way of returning the item >

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

International returns

Ask your buyer t o f ind the cheaper way t o return the item,DHL,French post office .
They do not use Fed Exp or UPS,DHL is better known in Europe and Asia.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply