cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping program questions

I might be interested in using the new International Shipping program but I cannot find clear, concise answers to my questions about the program.  Any plans on providing more specific information ?

1) does eBay bill all international buyers the customs and Vat fees and point of payment?

2) if yes, how exactly is the final value fee calculated?  (please use a specific example)

3) if no, what happens when the buyer refuses to pay when customs and VAT fees are charged?

4) What happens if eBay doesn't catch the fact my item is not allowed to be shipped to the buyer's country?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: International Shipping program questions

1) The buyer will be charged US shipping costs that you've specified, as well as international shipping, handling, and other fees as determined by eBay. Import charges may be collected from the buyer at checkout or on delivery, either through customs or directly by the carrier. These charges include any customs duties, taxes, brokerage, and other fees.

Currently, eBay International Shipping only offers Duties Delivered Unpaid (DDU.) The Duties Delivered Paid (DDP) option will be coming soon. Once the DDP option is available, eBay International Shipping will enable buyers to choose how they prefer to have their shipment cleared through customs

2) Your final value fee is based on the final price of the item, shipping charges to the US Shipping Hub, and any other amounts you may charge the buyer. Sales tax, international shipping cost, and import charges are not included. Refer to our standard eBay selling fees for more information.

4) If an item is not allowed, it will be caught when processed at the shipping hub and most likely returned to you, like they do now. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply