cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International First Class Shipping Letter

Why is it when I quote a customer a price using "letter" and the sell the item, and then go to ship, I can't use it.  I am forced to use "Package" at a higher cost.  Am I doing something wrong? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: International First Class Shipping Letter

@muttlymob wrote:

@chubbycatcollectibles wrote:

Why is it when I quote a customer a price using "letter" and the sell the item, and then go to ship, I can't use it.  I am forced to use "Package" at a higher cost.  Am I doing something wrong? 

As already stated, you cannot print labels for First Class Letters or Flats through eBay or PayPal.  There are other online postage services that you can, but generally these come with a subscription fee.

If you are printing First Class Parcel labels and applying them to your letters you will eventually run into another problem - you can't turn a First Class letter into a First Class parcel just by paying the higher postage.  Your mailpiece must meet the physical standards of a First Class Parcel or it may be returned to sender or delivered postage due.

Incorrect. First class letter postage can be purchased through PayPal.  

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

eBay just doesn't do labels for letters or for flats (AKA Large envelopes).

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You can ship it as a letter but not with online postage or tracking. That's up to you, just be warned you will have no seller protection.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

As already stated, you cannot print labels for First Class Letters or Flats through eBay or PayPal.  There are other online postage services that you can, but generally these come with a subscription fee.

If you are printing First Class Parcel labels and applying them to your letters you will eventually run into another problem - you can't turn a First Class letter into a First Class parcel just by paying the higher postage.  Your mailpiece must meet the physical standards of a First Class Parcel or it may be returned to sender or delivered postage due.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@muttlymob wrote:

Incorrect. First class letter postage can be purchased through PayPal.  

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

OP, as the previous poster pointed out, first class international letter can be printed through Paypal, however not through ebay.    You would need to log into your Paypal account and find the transaction to do so. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 11.50.06 PM.png

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Don't use eBay to ship. Use PayPal. I ship Letter for international sales all the time.
Willis Baker
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

thank you that is the answer i was looking for.  Why eBay doesn't let us do this is crazy..  Thank you

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

This is great. thank you so much for the help. All these years I have been dumb. I am ashamed of myself for not learning this sooner.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

thank you for helping me. I can't believe it took me so long to ask for help and wow it was right in front of my eyes. Thank you again.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I think that anything thicker than 10 cm is considered a package unless the documentation shows just documents/papers. If you are shipping anything else besides that, I wouldn't recommend it. Here those parcels are opened or scanned and if something besides documents are noted the parcel is confiscated. Otherwise just go to the Post Office and mail it from there. Just be aware that there is no tracking with International Air Mail.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply