cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect eBay Standard Envelope PiP Claim Amount

Filed a PiP claim due to an undelivered eBay Standard Envelope order. However, the claim amount was $13.50 more than the item sold for. The order details photo that is required in the claim submission clearly showed the total sale price, but today I was refunded the "claim amount" that the submission expressed($13.50 over sale price). I also filed a separate claim during this process, but that claim was accurate.

Any suggestions for correcting this situation?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You're saying you received $13.50 extra and want to give it back?

I suppose you could email claims@pipinsure.com and ask them to fix it, but you might risk the entire amount of the claim being reversed since you entered the wrong amount.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-standard-envelope?id=...

Personally, I'd just leave it be.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Well, in the claim, there is not an option to type in the claim amount. I believe it is automatically determined based on the tracking number and that's how the claim figures out the total amount. The issue is my screenshot of the order details and the total I was refunded does not line up.

Thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply