Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ship vinyl records?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

With this record heat,  I don't think that it's wise to sell vinyl records now.  The records could warp.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I haven't done so for quite some time.

But. I sandwiched the record between two pieces of corrugated cardboard with the corrugations running in opposite directions (that makes it almost impossible to bend and stabilizes the record). That went in a pizza box (yes, a clean unused one purchased at a restaurant supply).

Experiment with that a little, like those boxes fold inside out so it doesn't have a pizza logo on it. 

That said, I did get a complaint once that the record smelled like pizza but there are people with entirely too much imagination

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

ms. rodriquez, do you also recommend that nobody ship pottery items if we are having record cold. It might break.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@ms.rodriguez* wrote:

With this record heat,  I don't think that it's wise to sell vinyl records now.  The records could warp.

Really? So LP sales on eBay and Amazon are shut down during the summer?

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I sell and ship records... no worries! My dedicated vinyl record ebay store is at jerseyboymusic

I use LP mailers.  The record goes into a new plain white inner sleeve, that plus the original inner and cover all go into a plastic or mylar outer sleeve.

That gets wrapped in bubble wrap for cushioning and then into the LP mailer.

Never had a complaint

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Years ago,  hubby won an album and it arrived warped.   It was summer. I  guess he had bad luck.  Anyway, disregard my comment.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If you don't use a dedicated mailer, several layers of cardboard at least.  Some sellers remove the vinyl from the cardboard cover and ship outside of it, it is supposed to keep it from sliding around or something.   Vinyl buyers are very picky, so be sure to do it well.  Its also ships media mail! 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The are suppliers of boxes that are specifically manufactured for shipping of LP Vinyl Records.  The boxes I have are adjustable and can hold up to four LP albums.  Vinyl records can be shipped by USPS Media Mail.  Remember that eBay does not offer any seller discounts for Media Mail labels so you need to adjust your shipping charges accordingly to cover for eBay's final value fees of 12%.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you! Great info!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply