cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process a UPS claim for a label purchased on eBay .... troubleshooting.

I asked devon@ebay what a seller should do when UPS says that eBay is the customer and must file the claim.  We know that's not the way it should work but I have seen a number of posts where sellers have run into this problem. 

I wasn't sure if the shipping board or selling board would be best for this but feel free to bookmark and share this information as needed.   

This was his reply.  

I did some more digging I did find some more steps buyers can follow for the claim process:

We found the reason for the confusion and here's some helpful info:
  1. After customers file a claim online, UPS sends the customer a confirmation email. That email has 2 different URLs to access the claim, and this is creating the issue some customers are reporting. Below are the URLs, example also attached.
  2. https://www.ups.com/claims?loc=en_US is the correct access point and enables customers to upload forms related to the claim within the claims dashboard
  3. https://www.ups.com/claimdoccs/home?loc=en_US which is the access point customers who experience the friction points called out in your example in this email
  4. This issue is compounded as UPS also sends the same claims confirmation document to the customer via physical mail
Next Steps:
  1. UPS is in the process of updating or ‘versioning’ the email so that customers who filed online claims will receive an email with only the link to the correct URL within their confirmation email.
  2. In the meantime, please direct customers to upload any forms related to their claim by going to the online claims link https://www.ups.com/claims?loc=en_US
  3. UPS is in the process of updating their UPS Claims Process For eBay Sellers Guide to clearly specify that customers upload claims forms via the correct URL https://www.ups.com/claims?loc=en_US
Devon,
Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Thanks for this info, I'll keep it in mind.

Typically I refer sellers to this page @comics-scifi-collectibles which has the correct link, info about matching e-mail addresses, and a step-by-step PDF guide with screenshots. A lot of the questions/problems posted here are because sellers are going the standard claims process on ups.com and missing the eBay-specific requirements.

The numerous sellers I've directed to the eBay help page have not come back with further problems or questions.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@wastingtime101   Yes, that's the page I refer sellers to too but they have come back saying that UPS denied the claim so something goes wrong along the way.     I don't know what exact step the seller is getting wrong but I thought that this might help clear things up.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Did my 1st claim and got it approved, where do they send the refund, check by mail like USPS or back to ebay?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

Did my 1st claim and got it approved, where do they send the refund, check by mail like USPS or back to ebay?

@tsme35.  That's a good question.   I have never filed a ups claim myself.   I would think that it would be a check , the same as usps.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks to USPS greediness I had to switch over to UPS but being 1st claim I didn't know, hopefully someone would know. I've had to call ebay a couple times this week, not in the mood to call any time soon.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@tsme35   general CS won't have a clue about how the UPS claims are paid out.   The money will either come in a check or if it's sent back through eBay then it will be on your all transactions page:  https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/transactions

You'd be better off asking UPS.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

UPDATE: Pain in the tail but finally paid off and sent a check, 1st sent a letter stating I need you sent in proof and address but called in and wasn't necessary, 2 days later the check came in. Only down fall is they did pay for the fishing rod and only actually shipping paid to UPS, didn't cover shipping box. But the good, I didn't lose $25 shipping if sent by USPS and its a write off.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@tsme35   Glad to hear that you finally got a check.  Thanks for letting us know how the payment comes, now I can share that information with others.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply