cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Maintain other Shipping Options with eBay International Shipping?

I want to offer the new eBay International Shipping (eIS) program plus eBay International First Class in case someone needs to buy multiple items.

Currently, it seems like the only option is to have only eIS or not. This does not work for people that sell many smalls that often has customers purchase multiples of. It doesn't make sense for a buyer to pay ~$15 for every photo to be shipped overseas with tracking when they are used to sellers combining multiple items and only being charged for shipping once.

Currently eIS does not support combined shipping.

I want to use eIS for the single item orders but if someone wants, they should be able to use USPS International First Class.

I received an email from eBay a while back that said, "If you would prefer to maintain other shipping options on those listings, please let us know by completing this form by June 16, 2023. "

Naturally, I missed this message by one day and couldn't fill it out.

eBay should just have a setting / checkbox in Shipping Preferences like every other shipping preference. 

I was wondering, has anyone figured out how to maintain other international shipping options while also using eIS?

Thank you. Please limit comments to talking about solutions.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's eBay International Shipping or nothing at this point. You can't offer additional options if you want to make this program available. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

So here's the basic overview @atavium :

You can offer 2 different international shipping options on the same listing, but not to the same country.

If you offer direct shipping to Canada then EIS will not display for buyers shipping to Canada, while on the same listing if you do not offer direct shipping to Mexico then EIS will display for buyers shipping to Mexico.

The lack of combined shipping is, in my opinion, one of the 2 major issues with EIS right now.

There's a chat with the eBay shipping team today at 1:00pm Pacific. If you have feedback on EIS or questions for the shipping team, here's the location:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Monthly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Monthly-Chat-August-2nd-at-1-00-pm-PST/m-...

The thread will be unlocked when the chat is live.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

As a seller, you can manage your eBay shipping settings to ensure they are set correctly for both domestic and international shipping. Make sure you have enabled the global shipping option for eligible listings.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

It's eBay International Shipping or nothing at this point. You can't offer additional options if you want to make this program available. 

That's simply untrue. I have opted out of EIS and have selected USPS as my shipper.

WHY?

Well, almost everything I sell is under 4 pounds which means I can ship it by Pirateship lower cost Simple Export rates. EVERYTHING that goes through EIS, even if it is under 4 pounds, get billed at what would be the equivalent of the much more expensive  Priority Mail rates.

As an example, a post just the other day - a seller was selling a 2 pound hat that could go for about $22.00 as USPS first class international and the buyer was charged $61.75 (and decided that was too much so they didn't buy it). Ever wonder why (if) your international sales have taken a nose dive?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply