cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news! Regional "A" boxes now available in shipping calculator

A thread on another board pointed out that the set up for calculated shipping on the eBay listing form now includes the Regional "A" boxes.  No clue regarding when or if "B" boxes might be offered too.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 7.26.20 PM.png

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Great news! Thanks for the info!

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Great, that reminds me, I need to order some more. Thanks

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

That is great news! I just checked Turbo Lister and it is available in the dropdown list (that must have been part of  the update to TL recently).

Are we supposed to put in the actual weight of the package or the Regional A weight  when setting up a listing?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

You could put in any weight, up to the 15-pound limit, unless you're also offering another service (such as UPS or Priority Express) or if you're offering international shipping.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

That is good news.

Now, if only the Regional Rate boxes were available on Paypal.  I ship to my grandsons, using Paypal shipping, and always have to pay the regular Priority by weight/distance.  The family has since moved from Chicagoland to San Francisco bay area, so that helps!

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Do we have to wait another 5 years for the B boxes?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@disneyshopper wrote: ...  if only the Regional Rate boxes were available on Paypal.  I ship to my grandsons, using Paypal shipping, and always have to pay the regular Priority by weight/distance....

You can purchase labels for the Regional boxes through Click N Ship at usps.com  Last time I checked, they did not charge the "retail surcharge."

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I don't know why all the hubbub is about it, it's been in there for a while, B boxes too, when you go to print the label, select carrier packaging. I've been doing it for 6mo -1yr now.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

You said it yourself - it's been there when you print the label. This is the first time one of the options has been available using calculated shipping on the listing. This is a big deal for sellers who ship internationally that they can put the actual weight on the listing while still offering a regional discounted rate to domestic shoppers.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

From what I have seen on USPS, the B boxes aren't that big a savings. I don't think I have used any that I have gotten, A yes.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

The Regional B boxes would save money for packages over 5 pounds.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@kri_9217 wrote:

I don't know why all the hubbub is about it, it's been in there for a while, B boxes too, when you go to print the label, select carrier packaging. I've been doing it for 6mo -1yr now.

Sellers have been able to purchase labels for the Regional boxes since soon after they were introduced in 2011.

But setting up the shipping section of listings was inconvenient because eBay refused to add the Regional boxes as an option.  Until about 2 years ago, the Regional box postage costs conveniently matched the weight-based Priority Mail postage (2 pounds for Regional A, 4 and later 5 pounds for Regional B), so sellers could set up listings to calculate weight based postage.  But that conflicted with calculating international postage. And then in January 2019 (or maybe 2018) the new Regional postage rates no longer matched weight-based rates and sellers have not been able to even fudge it accurately it since then.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the info!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply