cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program Weight & Dimension Issue

I forgot to uncheck the Global Shipping option on one of my listings, and the item sold to an international buyer. I didn't input the weight or dimension for shipping when I created the listing because I offered free shipping within the US. The weight was automatically calculated using other listings for the same item.

The problem is that it's way off. The buyer was charged shipping for a 3 pound, 16"x12"x6" package, but the actual package comes out to 6 pounds 18"x12"x8".

I tried to message the buyer to cancel the item and possibly rebuy without the Global Shipping, but he hasn't responded.

What are my options here? Will they still accept the item at the shipping center?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Global Shipping Program Weight & Dimension Issue

Rule #1:  Always enter weight and dimensions, regardless of free shipping or the GSP.  

In this case, dimensions don't matter (fairly small package) but weight certainly does.   You will have to pay for 6 lbs. to Kentucky, which I hope you factored into your selling price to cover "free shipping" to domestic customers.

As for the international shipping cost, I suggest you contact eBay's GSP section and ask.  Perhaps they can bill the additional amount to your eBay account?  They certainly can't reject the incoming package at the door when you've paid correct domestic postage.  They are not likely to charge the buyer extra or have the courier company collect more money.  They could simply refuse to send the package and refund the buyer, let you keep the payment and give the merchandise to an eBay liquidator for resale within the U.S.

Maybe the least complicated idea is to cancel the sale due to "error in listing" and take the defect.  Then you could give your buyer a heads up that you will be relisting the the item with correct shipping details.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Global Shipping Program Weight & Dimension Issue

Rule #1:  Always enter weight and dimensions, regardless of free shipping or the GSP.  

In this case, dimensions don't matter (fairly small package) but weight certainly does.   You will have to pay for 6 lbs. to Kentucky, which I hope you factored into your selling price to cover "free shipping" to domestic customers.

As for the international shipping cost, I suggest you contact eBay's GSP section and ask.  Perhaps they can bill the additional amount to your eBay account?  They certainly can't reject the incoming package at the door when you've paid correct domestic postage.  They are not likely to charge the buyer extra or have the courier company collect more money.  They could simply refuse to send the package and refund the buyer, let you keep the payment and give the merchandise to an eBay liquidator for resale within the U.S.

Maybe the least complicated idea is to cancel the sale due to "error in listing" and take the defect.  Then you could give your buyer a heads up that you will be relisting the the item with correct shipping details.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply