cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shippers-RUSSIAN FEDERATION!

I have been going through some of my listings to revise them, & I ship globally & their is a section to add services, But I NEVER check any boxes, because I figure if ebay sells there they would let me know, But I don't offer any countries specifically, But as I'm revising I'm noticing the box checked for ship to Russian Federation, & I have been unchecking it, But I don't know how many are affected, I hope I don't have to go through my entire Inventory, Is anyone else experiencing This??, & you should check if your not sure!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

@meme6253 

Can you not do a bulk edit of all listings and change that 1 shipping setting or change it in shipping rules so it applies to all affected listings?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

I sold an item to a buyer in Russia on Jan 25 with an estimated delivery date of Mar 22.

Of course that was before the invasion.

BUT !!!!! Tracking shows it was actually delivered March 5 - AFTER the invasion and sanctions began Feb 24

Of course things are worse now. But if VISA and MasterCard have cut off the Russians how could they buy anything in the first place?

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

@meme6253  I've been reading other reports of this, and I think it's a glitch - in an effort to pause shipping to the Russian Fed, somehow it was added.  Saw nothing on the Announcements board about it or ongoing tech issues, though, just from other sellers.  I *think* it's just with the GSP program, but again, not sure.

Definitely check if you're not sure and edit through bulk edit.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

I'm enrolled in GSP.  I haven't changed any of my shipping settings.

I assume ebay will automatically block any sale from Russia.

Bad assumption? 

Cannonball - Supertramp
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

@inhawaii  Honestly, I'd double check - with eBay, I never assume LOL.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

I have been noticing the same thing.  I always have "ship worldwide" chosen.  Anything that i have had listed for a while is now ship to the following and "Russian Federation" is the only one checked.  My son is having the same problem and he lives 3 hours from me.  I honestly think it is a hack of some sort.  eBay better be watching our backs

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Just check your excluded listings on a live listing.  Any

listing that I’ve looked at recently has Russia and Ukraine excluded.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

@meme6253  

I have seen that happen before on non gsp listings but think that it’s just a glitch that will show on your listing form but not show on your active listing. Plus, ebay has added Russia to the excluded list on all listings so buyers from there could not buy from you even if you wanted them to. 

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Same thing happened to me too. I don't like it.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

No, I can't bulk edit it, I spoke with ebay this morning & they said that it means their actually blocking sales to & from there, But that is not how this is worded, It says to send to Russian Federation, But they told me they are looking into it!, Fingers Crossed!

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

I looked at several of your listings. All of the ones I looked at have Russia blocked.

Excludes: French Polynesia, Libya, New Caledonia, Venezuela, Ukraine, Russian Federation

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Yup ^^^^ that.

@meme6253 

If it is happening that somehow a Russian buyer is attempting to purchase using a FF to get around the restrictions - cancel using Problem with Buyers address.

You can not send to Russia and I seriously doubt any FF could send there either given the restrictions the US have put in place - not to mention I don't think Russian buyers have the ability to pay eBay sellers any more.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Here is what I am seeing.  Just had it happen now as I am editing. 

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 07-04-55 Revise your listing.png

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

I posted about this as well.... I was having the same thing happen... I did a bulk edit of all my listings to ONLY offer Global Shipping

Message 15 of 33
latest reply