cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting back charged for items already shipped

Hello, I hoping someone can explain to me why I keep getting an additional shipping charge on items that have already been shipped, this VERY FRUSTRATING and no one can seem to tell me why!  The item I am shipping is just under 2lbs, 22in x 18in x 1in thick, at first I used the poloy-mail bags for shipping and then tried making my own cardboard box, and in each case I've been charged between $11 to $40 extra deducted from my account!  I'm hoping someone can give me some insight /guidance to a solution for this problem, I dont know what it is that I am doing wrong for this to happen, and I can't continue to incur these charges!!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Getting back charged for items already shipped

My solution is to take one of the packages to the post office and ask them what weight they come up with. If your scale is off at all it could be going over 2 lbs. And the dimensions might be making it go up too. They are the only people that can tell you anything for sure, the rest is just guessing.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Did you ship FedEx? There is know issues with these charges and many threads about it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, in each case is was FedEx!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, I did that when I first started, I'm wondering if its the type of shipping?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply