cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding service

Is a shipping address on 17th St Doral Florida familiar to anyone as a reshipper?  Address looks like it has an account number as part of the address 

Anyone who thinks that money can't buy happiness has never paid a shelter pet's adoption fee
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Forwarding service

There are some in that city. Why 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Forwarding service

Just had a sale with an address that looks to be a reshipper.  I’ve got no problem shipping to the address, just like to know with whom or what I’m doing business.  Only have had one other in 17 years, went just fine.

Anyone who thinks that money can't buy happiness has never paid a shelter pet's adoption fee
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Forwarding service

Once tracking shows DELIVERED to that reshipper, you are done.  The buyer loses buyer protection when the item is reshipped.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Forwarding service

Yep, that’s why I am not worried in the slightest about shipping to them.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Forwarding service

@radtech1971 wrote:

Is a shipping address on 17th St Doral Florida familiar to anyone as a reshipper? 

Yes.

Address looks like it has an account number as part of the address 

Yes.

If your PayPal account shows that you have been paid and that it's time to ship, then go ahead. I shipped there myself as recently as last week, as a matter of fact...

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Forwarding service

Does not eBay's Money Back Guarantee policy actually say:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

• Items shipped to another address after original delivery

So what happens if an employee of the reshipper breaks items while they are being repacked or items are stolen at the reshipper. The reshipper then tells the buyer the items were not in the package to cover their backside. Your items are never reshipped to the buyer.

What happens if the reshipper does not disclose the theft or breakage and sends the items anyway? You may be covered by eBay, but what about PayPal being used as a backdoor? Even if you are covered by both the buyer is very likely going to blame you and not the repacker and leave you negative feedback. It might be kind of difficult forthe buyer to take any actions against the repacker but he or she can certainly take his or frustrations on someone easily - you.

I worked at a fast paced wholesaler. I had an ultra low order picking rate back when inventory was picked by memory, but there was a sudden growth in this error rate. While others were on their lunch break I checked out the suspected reason for this. The new UPS clerk, who also helped packing orders, was taking items off our picking carts and putting in in his desk to later take from the firm. That happened with multiple people working in the same area, but everyone was too busy to notice.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Forwarding service

@anthology-of-treasures wrote:

Does not eBay's Money Back Guarantee policy actually say:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

• Items shipped to another address after original delivery

So what happens if an employee of the reshipper breaks items while they are being repacked or items are stolen at the reshipper. The reshipper then tells the buyer the items were not in the package to cover their backside. Your items are never reshipped to the buyer.

What happens if the reshipper does not disclose the theft or breakage and sends the items anyway? You may be covered by eBay, but what about PayPal being used as a backdoor? Even if you are covered by both the buyer is very likely going to blame you and not the repacker and leave you negative feedback. It might be kind of difficult forthe buyer to take any actions against the repacker but he or she can certainly take his or frustrations on someone easily - you.

I worked at a fast paced wholesaler. I had an ultra low order picking rate back when inventory was picked by memory, but there was a sudden growth in this error rate. While others were on their lunch break I checked out the suspected reason for this. The new UPS clerk, who also helped packing orders, was taking items off our picking carts and putting in in his desk to later take from the firm. That happened with multiple people working in the same area, but everyone was too busy to notice.

1.   I think this first scenario would be really rare. Nor does it matter that it was a reshipper really. Anyone can break something as soon as they open it and blame the seller n. This isn't an added risk IMO 

2.  They can file with PayPal but often the cost of returning isn't worth it   Since they will be required to have returns shipping with tracking that they pay for 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Forwarding service

@radtech1971 wrote:

Is a shipping address on 17th St Doral Florida familiar to anyone as a reshipper?  Address looks like it has an account number as part of the address 

... i usually google any address i think may be a forwarding service.  google is very good at identifying addresses with business and their names

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Forwarding service

@dasarock wrote:

@radtech1971 wrote:

... i usually google any address i think may be a forwarding service.  google is very good at identifying addresses with business and their names

... in addition, where items have been more expensive i have added 'signature confirmation' (added cost to me but worth it for piece of mind).  in the past couple of years i've had maybe 10-12 purchases that fit the forwarding service theme if i remember right.  two of them tried to put claims in ... one for non-receipt (had signature confirmation on it) and the other for damage.  i was able to close both finally in my favor although it still took several lengthly phone conversations with ebays customer service and appeals.  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Forwarding service

@anthology-of-treasures wrote:

Buyer still has to ship the item back.  They take it up with the re-shipper since the back and forth usually ends up outside 30 days.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply