cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First class shipping delays

It seems that first class mail is taking upwards of 3 weeks sometimes to reach a buyer, even in the same state!

Any other sellers experiencing problems with buyers starting cases on items not received after 5 days because EBay says there isn't a problem?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: First class shipping delays

Have read of some major delays in Michigan because of processing facilities down.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Have read of some major delays in Michigan because of processing facilities down.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

I haven't had that happen here in the Midwest, but every state is so different right now! 

I've been keeping an eye on sent package tracking and sending my customers a short note saying I have my eye on it and it's running late and could they please be patient.   Even the late orders are eventually making it.  They get hung up at certain sorting hubs and are stuck for days for no good reason. 

Best we can do is be patient, keep an eye on tracking and cross our fingers!

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

It took 5 days to receive a First Class package mailed from 50 miles away. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I have seen my packages both as a buyer and a seller take a few days longer than normal to arrive but not a few weeks...unless it was mis-sent which has now happened to me 3x in less than 3 weeks.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I just checked my most recent. I'm still getting 2-day and 3-day FC service. But I've shipped to sunny locations... California and Florida. (I'm in Tennessee.) I hear some states are much slower. Sorry yours are going there!

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Still having this problem even though the post office claims that it should only be a day or two delay. Item not received cases are through the roof. Having to give loads of refunds to avoid going to "below standard" status because eBay refuses to adjust timelines accordingly.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I am seeing delays in shipping across the board, I had a three day priority package take over ten days before arriving at its final destination. Also have had complaints of packages getting very damaged over obvious mishandling. Makes it difficult when your packages are not getting to where they need to go or getting damaged while in route. Unfortunately at no fault of our own.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Everything I mailed last week has been delayed or lost.  The distribution center for my area is 90 miles away, and nothing has been scanned beyond arriving there.  The new postmaster general is apparently an idiot.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Major issue in Michigan, Grand Rapids and Detroit is a serious mess.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

DITTO 1000%.  I am up to $1461 as of yesterday in refunds for "undelivered" packages that are stuck in a clog somewhere.  Weeks not days.  Almost every morning is spent apologizing to buyers, chasing packages, filing missing mail claims to try to shake stuff loose and trying to prevent my seller status and feedback from tanking.  It is exhausting and disheartening.   I am discontinuing using the USPS altogether on Monday morning for anything over $15 and am going to see if I can get a few more things to actually arrive using FedEx Ground.  I'll have to close up shop for awhile if I get the same lousy results from them...

The USPS DIST CENTER in Chicago has cost me $800+ of the $1461.  All destinations that have mail that is to be routed through that facility should be posted publicly so we can let customers know that we are not able to ship to them using the USPS because of the debacle that is Chicago.  That goes for inbound and outbound.  That facility needs to stop all incoming packages until they are caught up, probably 4-6 weeks minimum.

Most of my US buyers wait at least 8-10 days before filing their INR claims.  Int'l customers were a bit more patient but I had to stop shipping internationally last week due to my escalating debt directly linked to packages that vanished in Chicago.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Absolutely!  Ebay forced me to issue a refund for an item that was late even though it was in transit to the buyer.  I'm going to keep an eye on the tracking and when it gets delivered I will dispute the buyer's claim and hope that eBay reimburses me for the refund.

Many of my items are taking a week or more to be accepted by USPS. Angry buyers are accusing me of not shipping their items. Although Priority Mail is better, I even have a Priority Mail package that hasn't been accepted after a week.

Ebay should extend the expected delivery time so that buyers don't have unrealistic ideas about when they will receive their items.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I've had delays in Many states, including NJ and CA. Packages are siting in post offices and not moving for days.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Same here. I check my sold items tracking information at least a dozen times a day. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing an item with NO tracking information that was shipped days earlier.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Read the news about the new postmaster general and how they are purposely making cuts, eliminating overtime at a crucial time, pandemic etc., knowingly letting mail and packages sit. Don't blame the messenger. I''ve loved USPS and still do.)  It is the new management.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply