cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay changing Shipping information

My fiance and I have lost several sells and money due to the fact when we post an item we put in the dimensions and weight for each item to where we won't lose money due to the fact of the whole new thing of USPS changing their rules. Well now we have to double or even triple check after listing our item to make sure ebay has not changed the dimensions or weight. Even after checking they are changing it to the point we are losing anywhere from $3-$15 a sell and I am sorry but we should not have to tell buyers sorry ebay changed our shipping so its going to cost more to ship it or cancel our sell altogether because the buyer refuses to pay more for shipping. Does anyone else have problems with this? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay changing Shipping information

Are you using an app to create the listing or in a browser?  I've had nothing but problems with the apps.  Using a browser and the advanced listing forms I've had few issues.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@anrutig_35 wrote:

My fiance and I have lost several sells and money due to the fact when we post an item we put in the dimensions and weight for each item to where we won't lose money due to the fact of the whole new thing of USPS changing their rules. Well now we have to double or even triple check after listing our item to make sure ebay has not changed the dimensions or weight. Even after checking they are changing it to the point we are losing anywhere from $3-$15 a sell and I am sorry but we should not have to tell buyers sorry ebay changed our shipping so its going to cost more to ship it or cancel our sell altogether because the buyer refuses to pay more for shipping. Does anyone else have problems with this? 

I would NEVER go back to a seller and ask for additional funds for shipping!  That can make you look like a scammer and will hurt your business in the long run!  Just don't do it.

One might want to factor in a few of these "mess ups" into your business plan and charge a little bit more for each sale in order to have a contingency.

I use the eBay shipping calculator and usually just list a fixed shipping price.  When someone lives in a closer zone and the actual cost is LESS than what I paid, I offer them a partial refund.  That kindness builds great report with buyers and encourages future sales!

https://www.ebay.com/shp/Calculator?_trkparms=clkid=2521745375397262459

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

No.

I use calculated shipping.

No free shipping since that means higher prices for customers. All it does it make eBay more money, which why they promote it so heavily and punish sellers who do not use it. SCAM!

Almost all my items are uploaded without box sizes as they are not required at all for these items.

It might be helpful to invest in application like GarageSale (Mac only). You can build a endless series of listing templates based upon various shipping scenarios. Then simply duplicate the one you need by hitting the Command & D keys on your keyboard.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 3.24.50 PM.png

You can easily modify one of your templates for an item that requires altering dimensions and/or weight such as packages over a cubic foot.

Click on the Shipping label in the listing.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 3.28.08 PM.png

This brings up a shipping window.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 3.28.18 PM.png

Click on the weight to bring a second popup window to change the weight and dimensions.

If you regularly ship items of this same weight and size then simple create a template for it, which you can now duplicate endlessly.

This make listings a lot less error prone and saves lots of time.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 3.28.29 PM.png

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I've never run into that problem.   I wonder if they are actually changing it or if there is another reason that the buyer  is charged less than the actual cost. If you could give some info about  when this happened to you, someone may be able to figure out why there was a problem. You would need to give the dimensions, weight,mail service (priority etc.) plus to and from zip codes.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply