cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Seller Protection

I'm curious - those who have been lucky enough to discover that eBay does not give a **bleep** about its sellers - why do you continue to sell on here?

I just had a buyer return a dress she damaged. I had the item listed as 30 day returns buyer pays return shipping - I accpeted the return, she returned it damaged and I called eBay to find out if I can open up a case for it.  eBay rep told me that I have a "business account" which means I "do not qualify for protection for faulty returns."  I asked him, so who is qualified for protection from faulty returns and he was like.. uh, um... well and kept changing the subject. 

He said a business account means I sold more than 100 items in a year.  What is this nonsense?

I've seen many many posts about how ebay does not protect their sellers and I believed them but I had to see it for myself I guess.  I'm not wasting my time on here any more. Good luck to you all. 

BYE EBAY! 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Ebay Seller Protection

@kris10desi123 wrote:

Well the intent of my post was to say that with free returns I would have the option to give partial refund on a damaged item.  The item they sent back to me in this case would be eligible for up to 50% partial

Yes of course.  This is a very good benefit of offering free returns and it does give some sellers the ability to recover some of their money on buyers that are trying to misuse the return process.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 33
latest reply

I agree, their isn't much seller protection. To me it feels like we're constantly being threatened by buyers with this whole "Refund me or I leave a negative feedback" ordeal. Of course, when I know I am in the right in a situation, especially if it means potentially losing a lot of money I worked hard for, I will be persistant. I'm at the same time very grateful to be a seller on eBay, coming from Amazon where amazon completely steals, and shreds their sellers apart. Ebay's customer service is amazing, I always speak to friendly eBay reps, and their advice is great too. The only issue I have with eBay is their seller protection. But because I still make a profit, and everything else about ebay is great, I will continue supporting them and selling on their platform. 

Here's to hoping they'll realise the seller protection program needs revision. 

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

I sell to help money for cancer meds but I'm here because I wonder how a buyer buys something, says oops I have buyer's remorse. So lost the money and paid twice for shipping. Ebay's seller protection isnt worth **bleep**. I also bught a tablet that t also bought WITH Square Trade protection and the seller, ebay ad ST won't fix it. So I'm on both ends, cheated on tablet and ebay returns because she decided she just doesn't want it. How can you when nobody backs you? Buyers don't realize what all you do to prepare for shipping. Buyer's remorse is a an idiot reason for return.

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Thank you capitain Obvius.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 19 of 33
latest reply

@craigscountry wrote:

I sell to help money for cancer meds but I'm here because I wonder how a buyer buys something, says oops I have buyer's remorse. So lost the money and paid twice for shipping. Ebay's seller protection isnt worth **bleep**. I also bught a tablet that t also bought WITH Square Trade protection and the seller, ebay ad ST won't fix it. So I'm on both ends, cheated on tablet and ebay returns because she decided she just doesn't want it. How can you when nobody backs you? Buyers don't realize what all you do to prepare for shipping. Buyer's remorse is a an idiot reason for return.

First and foremost I hope you win your battle with Cancer.  I've walked in your shoes and it is a very hard road.  We are just recovering financially from my bout.  

You have a No Return policy.  So if your buyers file a Buyers Remorse claim, you can deny the claim and not take the return or be forced to refund.  But if your buyers file a SNAD whether with an accurate reason or not, as you know you do have to either accept the return and refund or just refund the buyer.

As for your tablet.  You should have just filed a SNAD in Ebay if it was within the 30 day return period instead of trying to work out something to get it fixed.  Or if it was after that and you paid with PP, file a claim in PP for the issues you are having with the equipment.  You may have options you haven't considered.  

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

Ebay sucks! They lie to you constantly. It does not matter if you are a power seller or if you just sold one item. There is. I such thing as seller protection like they state. A buyer can return anything for any reason even making up a lie. EBay will not stand behind a seller and yes the seller is paying them not the buyer. A buyer can purchase anything and then try to extort money from you by using the return card. If you don’t pay up they will hit return eBay backs them your out of the money time and aggravation and sometimes the product. Buyer can send back a blank empty box keep the item you complain they get the insurance money from the shipping company. Really folks eBay doesn’t care about seller don’t use them.

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

Ebay sucks! They lie to you constantly. It does not matter if you are a power seller or if you just sold one item. There is no such thing as seller protection like they state. A buyer can return anything for any reason even making up a lie. EBay will not stand behind a seller and yes the seller is paying them not the buyer. A buyer can purchase anything and then try to extort money from you by using the return card. If you don’t pay up they will hit return eBay backs them your out of the money time and aggravation and sometimes the product. Buyer can send back a blank empty box keep the item you complain they get the insurance money from the shipping company. Really folks eBay doesn’t care about seller don’t use them.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

Then why does eBay lie to the seller on purpose. It’s says in the eBay guidelines that you have a choice to hit the deny button on the buyer return page but yet there is no deny button. Also why does eBay have a appeal section when there is actually no appeal for a seller that is getting ripped off. eBay is just a well oiled machine at making money from sellers with no real protection for the seller. They should be held accountable for letting people get ripped off .

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

@cyahd wrote:

Then why does eBay lie to the seller on purpose. It’s says in the eBay guidelines that you have a choice to hit the deny button on the buyer return page but yet there is no deny button. Also why does eBay have a appeal section when there is actually no appeal for a seller that is getting ripped off. eBay is just a well oiled machine at making money from sellers with no real protection for the seller. They should be held accountable for letting people get ripped off .

When you have a No Return Policy, the ONLY type of return request you can deny is if it was a properly filed Buyer's Remorse request.  All sellers on Ebay, no matter the type of return policy they state has to accept a SNAD request for return.  You can refund without taking the actual return or you can accept the return and issue the refund when you get the item back.

Ebay hasn't lied about this.  It is in the policies.

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

eBay does not stand behind there own policy’s written by eBay.
Message 26 of 33
latest reply

@cyahd wrote:
eBay does not stand behind there own policy’s written by eBay.

I no but event I of been hear a fee days who accept eBay rights there own policy's?

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

@cyahd wrote:

There is no where in any policy on Ebay that it says you can deny a SNAD.

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

policies

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

nowhere

eBay

Message 30 of 33
latest reply