cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIS not working for ebay motors

Is anyone else having issues with "new" items being sold through EIS in the ebay motors category?

I have roughly 2,300 listings all in the ebay motors category. The more I look through my listings the more  I find that are not showing EIS on the "shipping, returns & payment" tab in the listing. I have called into ebay numerous times over the past month and they have opened several tickets and the problem is still not resolved. No one at ebay can give me a definitive answer as to what is causing the problem.

Does anyone have confirmation that this is a site wide issue?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciate!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, I have am having that issue with UAE so far that I have noticed.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The EIS program excludes used auto parts. eBay's stated reason for this is that used auto parts might have oil/grease/petroleum residues which make them unsafe to ship through the air. Supposedly they are working on compiling a list of parts that are unlikely to have the residues for future inclusion in the EIS program but I don't have much hope that this will actually happen. The workaround for the exclusion is to ship your parts directly to your international customers.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It seems to be hit or miss on some of my listings.  Most of my listings are able to ship via EIS, I sent a few this morning.  I don't have any used items shipping via EIS.  Some will ship to UAE via EIS and similar items won't.  Blah.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Same for health and beauty.  Many categories that were fine on GSP are not eligible for the new eIS shipping.  The reason....they aren't sure which foundations and blushes might be flammable.  I would understand the perfume category due to the alcohol base, but foundations, eye products, and blushes are not a shipping risk.  I am guessing there wasn't a ton of work involved in figuring out which categories were risky so if there was ANY question in their mind, they just excluded it.  I know eBay is missing out on US sales to international buyers due to these heavy handed category exclusions.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the feedback. I have items listed in identical categories in ebay motors listed as "NEW" with the exact same listing details in regards to shipping, all the listing details, etc. The only different is the item title, pictures, item description, and price.

Here is an example of a listing that is showing EIS:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334222255263

Here is an example of a listing that is NOT showing EIS:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332346428913

Any ideas????

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I cannot explain that.  Did you list the 2nd listing that allows the shipping after being switched to eIS?  I checked again and the categories in health and beauty that I have found that do not allow eIS are still only allowing US shipping....and I can find no items in my listings in those categories that do allow it.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I have items new with tags in the pants category and no longer shipping international. I got converted to EIS today and most no longer ship now. 

i also noticed the same for the shoe category

Message 8 of 8
latest reply