cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensional rate charge early?!

I had two larger lackages to ship today.  I have active sales on my store to clear out larger items before the dimensional shipping rate goes into effect.  My first  package, weighing 8 lbs 0 oz and measuring 18”x14”x8” came up $10.83, no dimensional weight surcharges.  Even though this would be considered billable by dimensional weight starting next week.  My second package 7lbs 5 oz, measuring 13x13x12 is automatically charging dimensional weight, which would be right it is was after June 23!  I couldn’t get it to not charge by dimensional rate.  It cost $20.68 to buy the label when it should not be charged dimensional rate yet.  Am I missing something?!?  I feel a refund for overcharged shipping by Ebay is in order if their system is going to pick and choose and overcharge shipping.  Especially when I have to get my package out today and can’t wait for them to fix a glitch.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Dimensional rate charge early?!

Dim weight currently applies to Priority Zones 5 through 9.

That first label shows Zone 5.

Your next label is Zone 4, which Dim Weight hasn't started yet.

Next week that package would be billed at the 13 lb rate

- Suzanne -
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Dimensional weight has been in effect for zones 5-9 over a cubic foot for years. They're just expanding it to the other zones now.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

As noted in the other posts, your Zone 5 package is already subject to dimensional rates for years, so this is the correct postage and not a glitch or an early start to the new policies that go into effect on June 23.  

The only way to avoid that would be to ship it via Parcel Select rather than Priority, but you can't do that if the listing offered Priority or "expedited" shipping.  

The buyer should have paid the correct postage, if you had the listing set up with accurate dimensions.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply