cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT SHIP TO RUSSIA, PERIOD

Starting Sunday, January 28, NO goods, only documents, will be allowed to cross the Russian border unless they are shipped by a business to a business in Russia. NO goods will be allowed to cross the border that are shipped by ot to an individual, period. As far as I know, this onlt apples to shipments originating in the USA

THis is an absolute fact and should not be ignored.

Why does ebay allow these transactions to proceed when there is no chance of delivery?

It would seem that it is difficult, if not impossible to have any transactions with Russia. The seller protection, what little exists, would not apply. Even if the Russian buyer could provide a Russian business ship to address, how would the buyer get that address to show up on the paypal payment?  

http://crossborder.fedex.com/us/assets/prohibited-restricted/russia/index.shtml

These already in place restrictions made in nearly impossible to send much of anything to Russia. Now, EVERYTHING, save documents, is banned.

When will ebay acknowledge this situation and stop enabling transactions that cannot be delivered.

Could it have anything to do with the final value fees being collected?

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

From all of the pushbacks and denials on this thread, you would think that this is a political discussion.

Why does coming here and sharing a pertinent and real-time situation have to be so difficult? It is obvious that I am an experienced seller and would likely not come here with a tall tale. If the thread is still not believable, try to ship and come back here with your results

Message 16 of 55
latest reply

From all of the pushbacks and denials on this thread, you would think that this is a political discussion.

Why does coming here and sharing a pertinent and real-time situation have to be so difficult? It is obvious that I am an experienced seller and would likely not come here with a tall tale. If the thread is still not believable, try to ship and come back here with your re

Message 17 of 55
latest reply

Pub 141 is about USPS Global Express and does not appear to be related to this discussion.

I found an article from Sept 2017 which discusses dutiable shipments to individuals in Russia. https://www.ingrammicrocommerce.com/blog/russia-no-love-5-tips-shipments-russia/

Your package would have bounced back because of the $6500 value alone. It looks like you can ship $100 or less if the items you're shipping aren't prohibited.

What are the items you sold? The FedEx website states restrictions on jewelry, knives, Precious Metals and Stones, items made from or containing them. Shipping your sterling silver to Russia is prohibited.

https://smallbusiness.fedex.com/content/articles/fedex/SBC/us-en/2013/05/17/russia-country-snapshot....

Message 18 of 55
latest reply

What a mess this thread has become. I shipped the package with full value declaration and had full loss coverage. I also had INR numbers assigned because of the value being over $2500. Can anyone come here and show a recent Russian delivery of goods to or from a private party?  Global Express used to be one safe way to ship with the USPS, instead of Express Mail. Global Express is also delivered and customs cleared by FedEx. I find it hard to believe in all of the pushback here considering FedEx's unequivocal declaration to me relating to the blockage of ALL goods from the USA involving ANY private party.

Message 19 of 55
latest reply

There are few things you need to know. The most important is to NEVER use any comercial courier like fedex, ups, dhl or anything else. Use ONLY usps. Simple.

Also, you better kick usps so they issue a real tracking number that start win C or R, not a fake one like UA*********US.

Never use GSP! If for some silly reason you don't want to sell internationaly - so be it. But never leave GSP enabled. Those **bleep**s steal, switch, loose, repack and damage things. Not to mention their insane prices and nightmarish customs release procedure. Oh and buyer still has to pay customs fees (fee free limit for them is FIVE times lower than for usps), so GSP lies about that too.

As for recent examples... Just this friday i recieved an AC compressor from this dude: http://stores.ebay.com/qualityac2009/ A 7kg package in less than 2 weeks, no problem.

Another package from a friend - same timeframe but with a fake tracking number.

I also sell things from time to time. None of my items were lost, damaged or delayed. All of them got delivered in 10-25 days.

Message 20 of 55
latest reply

"There are few things you need to know. The most important is to NEVER use any comercial courierlike fedex, ups, dhl or anything else. Use ONLY usps. Simple."

Simply wrong. Your insurance most anything of value is useless and Russian Customs is full of thieves, period.

This thread is about items of value going INTO Russia. not going out of Russia.

Message 21 of 55
latest reply

"Russian Customs is full of thieves, period."
Oh, I see... and russian hackers had elected Trump, right? Hilarious. Diagnosis is clear.
Message 22 of 55
latest reply

Experience is a dear school, but fools will learn nowhere else.

How many items need to be stolen with no compensation before the reality sets in. The Trump-Russia reality is setting in hard and firm. Good luck with the lie-spreading bots. What else would you expect from a country ENTIRELY run by Gangsters?

Message 23 of 55
latest reply

Further, do not come here with some weak defense of the indefensible, i.e. Russia.

Message 24 of 55
latest reply

A poster just gave you an example of receiving an item in Russia sent from a US seller but you just dismissed it and made some rude generalizations. 

If you do not want to ship to Russia that is certainly your choice. You are making a blank statement here that it is not possible to ship to an individual there without providing any links to back up your statement.  I should believe you because you're 'obviously an experienced seller' but  anyone can misunderstand the information they've been given so I don't generally believe everything that I am told unless there is evidence or at least confirmation from more than one person.

I've looked on the web a few times for info to support your claim but all I could find was statements from 2014 when Fedex and DHL announced they would not be shipping to private individuals in Russia.  It's possible that policy was only temporary but now Fedex has just started doing it again.  You mentioned a USPS link that states something similar but they are using Fedex for that service. There is no other mention that I could find on USPS.

I did see something on a shopping site that sends items to Russia and they mentioned that if you sent something to an individual at a business address, customs would likely send it back but that an item could be sent to an individual there at their home address.

Message 25 of 55
latest reply

@mocbwrote:

I posted a link to FedEx above that showed your sterling silver items are on the list of goods prohibited from shipping to Russia using FedEx. That is why your package is being returned to you.

Message 26 of 55
latest reply

Funny, I would rather believe FedEx's reason for the return of the shipment than yours, which is, at best, a guess.  Good luck with your shipments to Russia.

Message 27 of 55
latest reply

@mocbwrote:

Funny, I would rather believe FedEx's reason for the return of the shipment than yours, which is, at best, a guess.  Good luck with your shipments to Russia.

Even if your original post is true, which none of us could find information to support, the point is that your package still had little chance of making it to your customer because you were shipping something from the FedEx prohibited list.

If you can't see that then it seems you're the one who needs good luck shipping to Russia.

Message 28 of 55
latest reply

One way to find out.........ship something of value, not a used compressor, and see what happens. Report the results......and........unlike some here.....I'll believe you.

Message 29 of 55
latest reply

@mocbwrote:

Does anybody actually read the initial post?  The restriction began January 28th

Here is tracking info for 2 prs of shoes sent to Russia via USPS on 1/28/18 and delivered on 2/10/18

February 10, 2018, 12:32 pm
Delivered
RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Your item was delivered in RUSSIAN FEDERATION at 12:32 pm on February 10, 2018.

February 8, 2018, 3:04 pm
Arrival at Post Office
RUSSIAN FEDERATION

February 5, 2018, 7:15 am
Processed through Facility
MOSKVA PI-30, RUSSIAN FEDERATION

February 5, 2018, 5:32 am
Customs Clearance Processing Complete
RUSSIAN FEDERATION

February 5, 2018, 5:31 am
Customs Clearance
RUSSIAN FEDERATION