cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT SHIP TO RUSSIA, PERIOD

Starting Sunday, January 28, NO goods, only documents, will be allowed to cross the Russian border unless they are shipped by a business to a business in Russia. NO goods will be allowed to cross the border that are shipped by ot to an individual, period. As far as I know, this onlt apples to shipments originating in the USA

THis is an absolute fact and should not be ignored.

Why does ebay allow these transactions to proceed when there is no chance of delivery?

It would seem that it is difficult, if not impossible to have any transactions with Russia. The seller protection, what little exists, would not apply. Even if the Russian buyer could provide a Russian business ship to address, how would the buyer get that address to show up on the paypal payment?  

http://crossborder.fedex.com/us/assets/prohibited-restricted/russia/index.shtml

These already in place restrictions made in nearly impossible to send much of anything to Russia. Now, EVERYTHING, save documents, is banned.

When will ebay acknowledge this situation and stop enabling transactions that cannot be delivered.

Could it have anything to do with the final value fees being collected?

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

wrote:

Starting Sunday, January 28, NO goods, only documents, will be allowed to cross the Russian border unless they are shipped by a business to a business in Russia. NO goods will be allowed to cross the border that are shipped by ot to an individual, period. As far as I know, this onlt apples to shipments originating in the USA

THis is an absolute fact and should not be ignored.

Why does ebay allow these transactions to proceed when there is no chance of delivery?

It would seem that it is difficult, if not impossible to have any transactions with Russia. The seller protection, what little exists, would not apply. Even if the Russian buyer could provide a Russian business ship to address, how would the buyer get that address to show up on the paypal payment?  

http://crossborder.fedex.com/us/assets/prohibited-restricted/russia/index.shtml

These already in place restrictions made in nearly impossible to send much of anything to Russia. Now, EVERYTHING, save documents, is banned.

I don't understand where you see that ONLY documents can be shipped. There is a list of prohibited items, which has always existed, with some changes over the years, for all countries, but there are plenty of items 'other than documents' that can still be shipped to Russia, ie: clothing, shoes. 

USPS and other carriers also have their own prohibited lists.

Message 2 of 55
latest reply

Your claim lacks understanding.  The first sentence in the link you provide:

FedEx® Cross Border is unable to ship prohibited and non-approved restricted items on behalf of its customers.

First, this only affects FedEx shipments - and there are many more ways to ship anywhere than FedEx.  eBay knows this, sellers with reasonable reading comprehension and experience know this.  And this is why eBay "allows" transactions.

Secondly, only PROHIBITED and/or non-approved RESTRICTED items are affected - as they have always been.  Every country has prohibited or restricted items, every shipping service must comply.  THAT is your "absolute fact".

~M

Message 3 of 55
latest reply

I wonder just what is it that Russians can't buy next door in Europe or Asia? 

Yes, I guess an original '54 Ford radio might be tough to find in Slovenia.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 4 of 55
latest reply

wrote:

I wonder just what is it that Russians can't buy next door in Europe or Asia? 

Yes, I guess an original '54 Ford radio might be tough to find in Slovenia.

Slovenia isn't in Russia. It was never a part of Russia or the USSR. It was part of Yugoslavia.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 55
latest reply

Is ebay still enabling non deliverable sales to Russia and still collecting their fees?

Message 6 of 55
latest reply

"Is ebay still enabling non deliverable sales to Russia and still collecting their fees?"

For once, eBay do not micromanage. If you want to sell and send items to Russia - please do.

Why would eBay not let you.

You do have ability to exclude Russia from regions where you sell your items

Message 7 of 55
latest reply

So.......it’s OK for ebay to enable a transaction that has no chance of being completed as the item cannot be delivered?  And>.....ebay knows that this is true.

Message 8 of 55
latest reply

" has no chance of being completed as the item cannot be delivered"

I am not sure why you are saying that. I had shipped packages several times to russia (my father lives there) and all packages were delivered. Took a bit long,like a month.

Message 9 of 55
latest reply

Does anybody actually read the initial post?  The restriction began January 28th

Message 10 of 55
latest reply

wrote:

Does anybody actually read the initial post?  The restriction began January 28th

The link you provided had no information about that. There may be something about it somewhere on the site however, I think you are referring to something that happened in January 2014  not something that just went into effect.  At that time some of the couriers said that because of  changes in the Russian customs procedures and the paperwork required for items to clear customs, they started accepting deliveries to businesses only. 

This did not affect anything being sent by mail. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-dhl-russia/dhl-fedex-suspend-shipments-          

to-russian-customers-idUSBREA0M1JX20140123

Message 11 of 55
latest reply

No thinking, just guessing.

Again, does no one read the post? The link was provided to show all of the restrictions in place before the NEW restriction, which went into effect on January 28, AFTER I had shipped the package on the 26th. The package was returned because the new restriction only allows shipment of goods between businesses. No goods shipped by or to a private party are allowed across the Russian border if the shipment originates in the USA

Message 12 of 55
latest reply

I did read your post more than once but I made the mistake that you posted a link because it supported your claim. I see now that wasn't the case.  Please show a link where it does say that there is no mail service to individuals in Russia because I couldn't find a link like that.  How do people know that what you are saying is correct...just because you said so? Why do you still ship to Russia if you are so certain this is the case?

btw If you read my post and the link that I posted, you would see that what you say has happened this year happened 4 years ago with some or all couriers.   But this didn't affect USPS.  You said that you got a package returned to you...what exactly did they give as the reason and how was the package sent? If you used USPS did you by chance use a first class international 'flat' (large envelope)?

Message 13 of 55
latest reply

I no longer ship to Russia. I know that the problem NOW exists because my $6500 FEDEX shipment was returned to me because no items, only documents, can cross the Russian border unless the transaction is business to business.  Has anyone out there actually shipped anything to Russia recently?  The information about this situation comes directly to me from FEDEX AFTER I shipped that went into effect during the transit time of the shipment before it crossed the Russian border. Why would FEDEX say something unequivocally that is not true? The agent with whom I spoke talked directly with the Stanstead hub and stated that I was certainly not the only one affected. ALL USA originated packages not coming from a business to a business are being returned, period. They refunded me $411 in shipping and return charges because of this new situation.  Maybe someone out there can show a successful delivery of any goods after January 25th in a transaction involving a private individual on either end.  I posted the link to illustrate how restrictive the situation was involving many categories of goods going into Russia before the new restriction. The new restriction makes it nearly impossible to ship ANYTHING to Russia. I had hoped to save the trouble and difficulty involved in trying to make something happen that can’t happen. Call FEDEX and ask them if they will handle a shipment to Russian involving a private individual on either end. 

Message 14 of 55
latest reply

https://about.usps.com/publications/pub141/russia.htm

Maybe this new link will help to clarify my initial; post.

Pay particular attention to restriction #4:

Shipments to private people in Moscow and Regions of Russia are restricted to documents only. See limits below.

Only Business to Business shipments of goods will be allowed to cross the border. No private party as either the shipper or the addressee.

Message 15 of 55
latest reply