cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact seller links in email do not work

I bought some perfume but seller sent the wrong item. I was told to wait for a shipping label to be sent in email so I could return and get a refund. No label was ever sent and the "contact seller" links in the emails I received do not work. What do I do?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Did you open a return through Ebay or just talk to the seller?

If you opened a return, you should be able to get the return shipping label through the return case.

If you haven't opened a return:

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Well because I bought as a guest (this was before I opened an account) my purchase doesn't show up in my purchase history. This prevents me from opening a return. Thanks!

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

When you purchased as a guest you received an email confirming the purchase. There should be a link in that email to open the order details and then to start a return. Make sure that you are signed out of your current ebay ID.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item/returning-items-bought-guest?id=4065...

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Yes well like I said the links in my confirmation email do not work. I just get an error message. I've tried more than one confirmation email too. There doesn't seem to be any other way to do this.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Try signing out of your eBay account before using the links in the email.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Tried signing out and trying the links again but no luck. Also eBay support sent me a text with a picture of the item I bought but when I tapped it it asked me to register. So I did but it did nothing. There was also a button that said contact seller but that didn't work either. Its getting close to the cut off date now and I'm worried that I won't be able to return it at all. I will never buy anything from eBay again.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Guest purchases are not tied to your eBay account, so signing into your account or registering a new account will not help with a guest purchase. Sign out of your eBay account, use the email you received from eBay at the time of your guest purchase. If you are prompted to sign in, use the email address you used with the guest purchase. There should be a code of some kind that you received that you can use as a password for that guest purchase.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

If @eburtonlab suggestions don't work for you, customer service should be able to open a return for you.  One form of customer service for ebay is on Facebook. Go to their Facebook page and send a message explaining the problem, your name and email address.

It is normally fairly easy to start a return when you have an account as all of the information shows up in your purchase history. But I can understand how this experience has turned you off of ebay.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Just guessing, but if  they registered the new account with the same email address that might not work.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I finally received a link to print out a return shipping label but once again the link does not work! So frustrating!

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Waiting to hear back from facebook thanks.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

When I tap the link I get "service unavailable-zero size object. Service temporarily unavailable please try again later."

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Ive tried everything but nothing works. If the email links and buttons do not work I guess you are screwed. I'm sure my daughter will like the perfume so ill just give it to her. What a disappointment.  I just went ahead and bought the perfume I wanted from someone who was not on eBay. Thanks everyone but I guess I'm out of luck this time.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

If you paid with paypal, you can start a return there but you will get stuck paying the return shipping. Perhaps the folks at Facebook will respond soon.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply